style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2475 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi, hoping for some advice regarding debt I have.

I am currently unable to open a bank account due to bad credit.

I have been wanting to set up a debt management plan with CCCS to pay off the debt I owe, but I’m being refused even the simplest of bank accounts.

As all this is going on the companies I owed money to are passing the debt on to other companies.

First McKenzie Hall and now Motormile Finance UK Ltd and they are threatening to come to my property.

I am literally at a complete loss and feel so frustrated. I would pay these people if I was able to but without being able to get a bank account I don’t know how I can.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

I don’t want these people to come and take all my possessions (I live with my mate and half the stuff is his as well).

I’m in full time employment and I get a decent wage and can afford to pay CCCS, but without a bank I don’t know what I can do.

My mate has a spare bank that he was going to let me use for paying them, but his girlfriend has stopped him saying she wants it.

My wages are currently being paid into my mates (different one and the one I share with) building society so I still get money coming in, but he doesn’t want me paying these people from his account.

I really need a bank account, but can’t seem to get one.

I don’t drive and my passport has expired, however I applied at Lloyds and they didn’t need that form of ID and said if I knew someone who banked with them that would be enough, however I failed the credit check.

Literally at a total loss, very stressed and don’t know what to do. These people I have read will come to your work (they already ring up numbers for my work which is embarrassing) It’s actually left me feeling suicidal, I feel like my life is slipping away and there is nothing I can do to stop it.

I’d happily pay if I could as well which is so frustrating, but it seems the system won’t allow me.

Another thing as to why my credit rating is so poor is down to having debt on my file si incorrect however I can’t get it removed.

There are two things : -

Northumbrian Water – When I lived at an old flat and tried to set up my monthly direct debit for my water bill they wanted me to pay £120 a month. I said that was wrong as I lived in a one bedroom flat on my own. They sent a bloke round and he confirmed there was no leak so now they want about £800 off me as I never paid them for the six months knowing it was incorrect. I told them it was wrong and did they think I was some sort of free lance Baptist in my spare time and that I’d only have a shower, do the dishes and have a glass of water before bed in a small flat.

Can’t recall the debt company – However I bought a desktop PC from Dixon’s/Curry’s years and years ago and have never known such as [problem] in my life. I paid the standing order or whatever it was and I believed I’d paid in full (the computer was around £500) then a couple of years later at my parents some debt company Cetelum I remember now said I owed them £2000 for the computer and they were coming to my parents to take their possessions. I phoned up and paid them £500 instantly to stop this and said I’d set a payment plan up. My parents told me off and said to let them try and come round and to ask for a statement. My Mam sent a letter and when she got the statement she was shocked. For every payment there was an equal charge, the debt would never be paid. Then there was a few £500 charges on there. My Mam replied saying this is theft and we will see you in court, they never responded, but it’s still on my credit file.

Now my current bank. I banked with Halifax, however I have an arranged overdraft. CCCS said to open a new bank and they can take your wages for overdraft when on a debt management plan. All well and good, but then I can’t get a bank it appears now.

Also with my Halifax account I got scammed for some E-cigarette thing which takes out £140 a month from my account from some free trial I signed up for to try and quit smoking so even if I was to use Halifax there is a risk I will lose all my pay to the overdraft and secondly I will lose £140 a month on this [problem] as they have the details and apparently it can’t be stopped.

Sick.

This has now been dragging on for months and it’s got me very stressed and depressed. I’m not very clued up on all the legislation surrounding this or if there is anything I can do other than just bend over and hand over my money or possessions to these people.

Any help would be appreciated.

Apologies for the long post as well, thank you for taking time to read it.

You can open a basic a/c with the Cooperative. Don't try at a branch as their front line staff are not up to speed but you can do it on the 'phone, see; http://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/servlet/Satellite/1193206368743,CFSweb/Page/Bank-CurrentAccounts

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Well things must have changed drastically because both my wife & myself opened a/cs over the 'phone & they didn't require any proof whatsoever. :(

Below is a list of the forms of id acceptable;

2dn9d2.jpg

2nv8kjs.jpg

2lia2vs.jpg

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah you can't even open them over the phone anymore neither, they send out an application pack that has to be filled in.

I can't view those images (I assume) on work internet and blocks a lot of stuff.

Any suggestions on what I do with these companies wanting to come and take my stuff until I can get a passport to try and open one of these co-op accounts, not sure if it will work, but worth a go I suppose, however it will take a few weeks and they are coming round now?

Nobody can take anything without a court order & even then they would have needed to of obtained a CCJ first which you must have defaulted on.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The list of id required by different banks can be found here; https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/identity-requirements-for-basic-bank-accounts

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not sure if they have that or if I have done that, is that what I should ask them when I call them? Cheers.

They all need ID that I don't have, I have loads of bills and statements, but not a passport or driving licence or any of the others if you don't have that such as benefit things as I don't get any. Balls this like, the annoying thing is I would pay these people if I could, but I can't, I give up.

You can't I just spoke to CCCS to ask them if I could do that when you said, but you need a bank account as no guarentee postal orders can be paid in time for the creditors the bloke said as they need to be posted and stuff.

Have you had a word with your employer to see if they can open an a/c on your behalf?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Don't think that would go down very well to be honest mate, best not.

What do you reckon about this, looks like a con and costly, but best option possibly?

Doh, not allowed to post link to it as not got enough posts, secure trust bank, prepay card thing?

Costs £12.50 a month and you have to pay every time you take your money out, but looks like they will take anyone. How secure is your money, anyone any knowledge of this?

Are you able to get the companies bank details so that you can go into their bank and deposit cash into their account?

Maybe, I was wanting to use a debt management company to sort it though as I owe several people and heard that's the best way to do it through a debt charity. I don't know if they will accept what I offer you know while freezing the charges as they would if I went thrugh CCCS. It's worth a shout maybe like, better than them turning up at work.

Been reading quite a bit about this and how under hand these people are, but powerless without a court order, how do I find out if a company has a court order as it looks like something they would lie about?

You could try this http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cards/prepaid-cards

Or this http://www.visa.co.uk/en/products/visa_prepaid.aspx with this one you can

• A disposable prepaid card, which is much like an electronic gift voucher – you use it until all the funds are spent (and you’re happy with your purchase) then throw it away.

• or
  • A re-loadable prepaid card, which acts like a prepaid mobile phone account – when the value is running low, you can top-it up and use it again

Sounds alright, but that'e like the thing I was looking at earlier with some bad reviews, could be that this one is better. It does say however there is a cap on how much can be held at one time normally £3k and you can only spend £15k a year. My wages are £30k and bonus in March I normally get paid about £3k in that month so that might be a problem as my wages would be getting paid into the account, could maybe do as an interim measure though cheers.

Just looked at the Virgin one and it seems you can't top up the card via wages anyway?

Visa Prepaid convenience cards

Sometimes known as general purpose cards, convenience cards operate like a virtual bank account or a prepaid mobile phone account.

You charge your card with money and use it just like you would use a normal debit or credit card. Then, when the funds are running low, you top-it-up again.

These convenience cards are a great option for people who might not qualify for a traditional debit or credit card or for those who want to keep their card spending entirely separate from their everyday finances.

Simply apply for a card (generally from a high street bank) and decide how much money you want to load onto it. You can then check your balance anytime and get mini statements or spending reports. You can also choose how to reload the card – over the internet, over the phone or over the counter.

There is no limit to the number of pre paid cards you can hold, Norwhich & Peterborough Building Society have one I believe that you can have wages paid into.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Can you check your Experian file without having to pay guys, looks like you need to pay a fiver when I'm looking?

I just want to make sure there are no court judgements against me?