• Tweets

• Just for the record, I am uploading the original letter from CCSCollect, which asks me for the money from "BT" (if it is BT).   You can see here that I scribbled some notes at the foot of the letter indicating that I phoned the number CCSCollect gave me as the BT number, and I was told by "BT" that there was an outstanding balance of £48 in the account. They first tiold me that the account wasn't even closed. Then they changed their mind and told me that the account was closed, but that there was a £48 balance still owing.   Assuming that I was speaking to BT, I kept telling them that the email address did not work, which is why I closed the account.    I recall that I had kept telling BT at the time that the email address didn't work and that I either wanted them to fix the problem or stop charging me their PREMIUM rate charges for an email that didn't work!   On the phone on this occasion the BT man I spoke to (before he called me a mother****er) had asked me if I had actually used the words "! want to cancel this account" specifically. He seemed to be saying this as an excuse for their behaviour of not closing the account when I had complained about it. However, all that is irrelevant, since what I was clearly saying was that I was NOT going to pay good money for an email account that didn't work, and that they shouldn't be charging me money for it in the first place.   Later that day, though, I phoned BT using the operator number (not the number that CCSCollect had given me for BT) and spoke to someone at BT who accessed my accounts (I actually had two old accounts, one for each of the two phone lines that I needed then to do the work that my single Virgin Media account can do now) and he confirmed that neither of these showed any outstanding unpaid balance. I have a recording of that conversation.   So which version is the true version?     
    • Hi DX   I have contacted ASDA who have said they have no involvement with the machine and need to contact the owner who are Barclays - they could not give me any contact details.   I rang Barclay's who were no help whatsoever and could not give me a number to contact - they told me to check the contact details on front of the machine.  However there are no contact details on the front of the ATM.  There is only a sign saying ASDA have no responsibility for the machine and to contact your card issuer in the event of any problems.   I am going round in circles with this and think my only option may be a complaint to the FCO?    
    • There's no mention of using the job application part of the online journal on my claimant commitment. As I say, there's only this one Advisor that seems to want to make it a massive issue - terminating the meeting if I dare to argue back.   I simply have: check it often - complete to-do list (has only ever been meetings to attend on there) - update circumstances
    • he Financial Conduct Authority today launched a legal action against the bosses of a Gatwick airport carpark investment scheme that collapsed after raising £230 million from thousands of savers. Yesterday, it was revealed that investors were suing Park First and its controversial founder Toby Whittaker for fraud and today the FCA launched a separate action alleging the scheme made “false and misleading statements” in its promises to potential investors. A total of 4500 largely elderly investors put money into the scheme, many of whom also lost money with London Capital & Finance. A large number of them used their self-invested personal pensions to buy the product, which involved buying car park spaces at Gatwick and Glasgow airports then leasing them back to the company in return for high rates of return. https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/fca-sues-park-first-directors-094900289.html?guccounter=1
  • Our picks

jankav

Edward Street Car Park Leeds - Highview Parking LTD 8.11.12

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2482 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I was notified on the 22nd December, that on the 8th November 2012 I incurred charges at the Edward Street Car Park. I was to pay £95.00, or, if paid within 3 days, this would be reduced to £75.00.

as luck would have it.. I had my pay and display ticket. Which was Printed wrong - the ticket said the 9th November 2012.

I have challenged this and am able to prove I was not in the car park on the 9.11.12. But I am concerned for all the other people who parked in the car park, the length of time it has taken for me to be informed.

Has anyone else recieved charges for parking in this car park on the 8th November The Machine was printing the incorrect information!

I am still waiting to hear from Highview Parking and I have contacted British Parking through my local Trading Standards Office.

if this is not council then you can ignore it

We have had a contact from the Yorkshire Post about this story.

It seems that you are not the only one affected by this problem

Here is the message

We ran the same story last month regarding a couple of other drivers wrongly ticketed weeks after they parked at Edward Street car park.

Highview Ltd who manage the site failed to comment so it would be interesting to go back to them again with another case study to ask them again - what is going wrong here.

Please put me in touch with the motorist involved - and if there are any others you know about as well.

If you would like to email me at our admin email address, I will forward your details on to the journalist.

Please put "edward street" in the subject line

Or contact the journalist directly

Sophie Hazan

Sophie.Hazan@ypn.co.uk

Consumer Reporter

Yorkshire Evening Post

By the way, if anyone has paid out on this basis, they can get their money back - and we will help them.

Also, if anyone's credit file is affected by this, we can help you address this also.

thats great news thanks..i will mail Sophie at Yorkshire Post. I have written to Highview parking with copies of my pay and display ticket disputing thier claim.

many thanks

Hi jankav could you please keep this thread updated as and when possible IE dont post things that may give info to highview parking as in forth cumming events etc.

To often these threads just stop and we do not see any results.

dpick

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Halifax :D

Paid in full £2295

MBNA:mad: 20/03/2008 settled in full out of court

Capital One:D

07/07/2007 Capital one charges paid in full £1666

19/01/2008 recovered PPI £2216 + costs

Littlewoods :-D

12/08/2007 write off £1176.10 debt.

JD Williams charges refunded in full £640