Obesity: Fat People Could Face Benefit Cuts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4086 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets examine who is making judgements and being glass half empty.

I suggested if you were able and had access to markets ( pretty obvious i knew not everyone could or did)

You jumped in with not everyone has access

I asked sparks if it was lack of motivation and added a smile, suggesting that boredom with the same food could be motivation for sparks.

Your response was aggressive and rude, taking a comment that was light hearted and to someone else as a personal attack. I know all about depression and poor health leading to a bad diet.

I have never suggested that people can do thing they can't. I am no IDS.

Worried, again you missed the point,i said if you can and if you have, again accepting not everyone can or does.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

As a misjudged example. I have apologise for this,it seems you do not like being compared to him.

I will give you another example,my sister in law with parkinsons, ok she has a family support network but she never complained to her sister,my wife.

Another friend of mine,got MS has to have 24 hour carers but is constantly cheerful.

Neither have I been aggressive, if i come over like that I apologise. I am an excellent cook, I can make interesting and nutritious meals from my freezer and stock cupboard( I was brought up to know the importance of a stock cupboard) But days like today when even standing is a challenge, when it feels like my legs are going to give way at any moment I just cant cook, today I was lucky as my daughter was home and she took over kitchen duties...she is a very good cook as well, we had a vegetable and quorn lasagna then apple and blue berry crumble, enough made for today and two meals in the freezer.

Ok so maybe Stephen Hawkins was not the best person to quote. Estellyn i know exactly what you mean by too exhausted to cook. My late ex wife could hardly get to the bathroom by herself and only ate whatever food i had put in the fridge. She was too proud to ask for help and too ashamed to let anyone in her house except me.

I think maybe an apology is in order.

Also just today i have been clearing a garden of a man who died a year ago,he has two kids but the house was like something from a life of grime.

Worried,do you not have friends or neighbours who could shop? I would alas not be surprised if you said no as society is shot.

Assisted blonde you are pretty spot on there about fresh food. Also the comment about the slow cooker, great example.

I knew my comments would not be welcome but i am afraid in many cases they are true.

no I do internet shopping. given its a min order of £25 plus delivery as you can imagine I cant order food too frequently either.

my family barely help as well, eg. if I need help getting somewhere my sister conveniantly has an issue with her car or something else come up. Its just how life is now days and yes society is long shot.

Worried,it is a sad state of affairs when people do not help. What has happened to the world, capitalism and a thirst for profit that'd what.

As i said my step daughter had not seen her mother in 8 months and lives under an hour away. She also had a car and my wife would have willingly paid petrol to see her.

I am sick and saddened by this country and this western world.

Nystagmite I think we all know that you have a number of problems and got to say you usually talk a lot of sense and give good advice but I think you are taking this thread a bit too seriously, it has turned into a discussion, no one is saying everyone is the same or we can all do the same things, but I do think on this occasion you may be looking a bit too deeply into this.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Worried,it is a sad state of affairs when people do not help.

I think some people don't want us to be offended by rejecting offers of help. If someone asks me if I want help, I will either politely decline and say I'm ok or I will ask for help and will tell them what help I need. (most of the time it's obvious; although, not always)

My dads family don't help. But if they need help, that's the only time they'll contact us. My dad's step father died some years ago and they just wanted dad there all the time. Never mind that he works and has a family to look after.

I think it runs a lot deeper than a fear of rejection. People do not care about each other the way they used to, I am sure it is not a midlands thing although the older people that live in my mothers village are much more prepared to rally round.

People,in my opinion are just too wrapped up in theory own lives. It really is true that things were better in many ways when i were a lad :lol:

... People do not care about each other the way they used to ... People,in my opinion are just too wrapped up in theory own lives ...

Quite so. I live in a small village in West Dorset. I've lived here for 15 years or so in a cul-de-sac of six bungalows. None of my neighbours have ever set foot in my home. Nor, to be fair, can I name more than half of them. Obviously we are polite when we see each other but that is as far as it goes. If I need help then I'll call on my sister who lives ten miles away. Good old modern living ...

How can San D comment be taken any way other than with a grin, sometimes this country is a bit to PC

Sorry, having comforted my severely obese family member many times after she was verbally abused due to her size, I suppose I'm more sensitive about it than most. I just think we shouldn't normalise derogatory words and terms about the obese - I don't think there is any other group in society where it's considered acceptable to hurl abuse at them, other than the obese.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

I am not happy with some of the comments that have been made on this thread. Tongue in cheek or not, they are offensive and must stop immediately. Some of you will be down a few on your post count in a few moments with removals.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I confess this obese person had take away tonight for dinner as I was too blooming exhausted to make anything tonight...tomorrow will be back in the kitchen...if i have the energy, oh and if anyone can tell me where my energy has gone please direct it back to me!

Sparks actually i do believe in a bit of what you fancy does you good.

Citizen B I would pvt you with my comments but my pvt ability has been removed for no apparent reason.

I find it deeply offensive and potentially homophobic that you have removed all gay/queer references which were a) made clearly tongue in cheek and b) by an out gay man.

You however leave the only derogatory comment that is not a criminal offence in.

If this continues I will be sending a SAR for all the information including removed posts that you hold on me.

If you wish to contact me you will have to either reinstate my pvt ability or email me. As a member of the site team i am sure you can.

In this day and age it is virtually impossible to say anything without offending someone however I do not believe that censorship is the answer

I know this site is not a democracy, it has owners and rules and a site team but by censoring comments that someone finds offensive we are sleeping walking further into losing our civil rights.

I do not think anyone could have misinterpreted the words used, they were examples of bigotry and being said in a way to show how things progress.

It may sound like old hat, but in times of financial hardship the minorities are always made to be the scapegoats. In the Weimar Republic it was the Jews and the communists and the gypsies as well as the disabled that were chosen. Of course the gays were there as well . The attacks started in an almost reasonable low key way and became the holocaust.

I do not believe that we can tolerate this or your children really will be next

In this day and age it is virtually impossible to say anything without offending someone however I do not believe that censorship is the answer

I know this site is not a democracy, it has owners and rules and a site team but by censoring comments that someone finds offensive we are sleeping walking further into losing our civil rights.

I do not think anyone could have misinterpreted the words used, they were examples of bigotry and being said in a way to show how things progress.

It may sound like old hat, but in times of financial hardship the minorities are always made to be the scapegoats. In the Weimar Republic it was the Jews and the communists and the gypsies as well as the disabled that were chosen. Of course the gays were there as well . The attacks started in an almost reasonable low key way and became the holocaust.

I do not believe that we can tolerate this or your children really will be next

Wow. There's never a Moral Equivalence Policeman around when you need one.

Look, you may disagree with CAG moderation policies, but you don't have a "civil right" to say whatever you like here any more than you have a "civil right" to shop at Marks and Spencers or have your views published in the Daily Express.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

fletch if you are unhappy with my actions, then I would ask you to contact senior admin on [email protected] (no spaces)

There was no censorship - just the removal of deeply offensive remarks. Please read the CAG rules.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D