Minumum staff for safety

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have tried to find out if there is a legal requirement for a minimum number of staff to be on site for safety reasons.I.E. If ther ewas only 1 member of staff/employee working, and that person had an accident or heart attack or fell ill etc, then no-one would know about it until the staff came in the next day.Is it therefore a legal requirement that at least 2 members of staff should be at work?.If so,please give me a link to the relevant law.many thanks

There would have to be a risk of injury attached to the work being done, that there would need to be another to raise the alarm or assist if something went wrong.

As said by Atlas, usually covered by a risk assessment done by employer or manager and checked and agreed by operative/employee.

If you are at all unsure contact your manager/employer. At the very least you must have contact nos for assistance, particularly if out of normal working hours.

The first person responsable for your safety is YOU.

Hi

If an employee was to working on their own in certain circumstances a good employer would.

1. Carry out a full Risk Assessment.

2. introduce a Lone Working Policy if required.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group