• Tweets

• I wonder if anyone can help me. I had a loan with a high street bank from about 10 years ago and I had to stop paying because I lost my job. I reduced my payment to a token payment for a few years but I then ceased this some years ago because I took some advice from an online forum which said that I should ask a ‘Subject Access Report’. I did this and I also asked for a copy of the contract with both signatures which highlighted that myself and the bank had a contract and what its terms were. As the loan was made up of an overdraft and a formal loan I thought they would have paperwork. However, eventually the bank responded by saying that they had no contract and they admitted that as such it was not enforceable in court. Over the last year, the bank have again appointed Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited to use their strongarm tactics. I have not been responding to the last couple of letters asking me to contact them to arrange a payment plan and now their letters are becoming more threatening. Here is the text of their latest letter……. Quote   We are aware that you have failed to agree an affordable repayment plan with us concerning the above account.   As no agreement has been reached we are now in the process of reviewing your account to consider the steps which may be taken in relation to further debt recovery action. The options include recommending one of the following:   ·         1. Continue in our attempts to contact you by letter and phone. ·         2. Instruct a local representative to arrange to call at your home address to try to re-establish contact with you.   To prevent possible further action you must contact us. Failure to contact us by the 22/10/19 will result in one of the aforementioned debt recovery actions being undertaken without further notice.  Unquote As you can see, they are now getting more threatening. I really do not want people knocking at my door – does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to sort this situation? I do not want to pay for something that seems unenforceable but I do not want knocks at my door either. Any help would be appreciated.   Kind regards    
    • Yes it was a tomlin/consent order I have a recent statement its not showing any additional charges on it. The statement does not show the balance to pay each month, as the contract was terminated in March 17 and the termination bill was added to the account so my payments reduce the account balance £14262.38  Capital £6995.00 Interest £7213.38 Plus 3 x £18 charges  I presume if it went to court again I would be notified?    I thought court costs and charges could increase a balance owing but not be included in arrears or court proceedings when listing the amount owing, or am I wrong?    
    • Check to see if they are adding monthly charges inflating arrears as per DX.
    • .So I’ve been at the flat for a number of years , you had to be a certain age back then, now all ages and couples with young babies get put here , first floor , no garden not a good area not so bad either .   ive just had a letter to say I’ve been taken off the list to transfer to a more appropriate home ,  no notice just taken off, council are saying my age group no longer qualify.. I spoke to equality and human rights council they suggested I complain siting The Public Sector Equality Act 2010. ( The General Duty and Specific Duty)  relating to age discrimination.      But I’ve also come across this in LAW Quarterly online Mag.    LHA’s allocation scheme suspending applicant’s ability to bid (R (Alemi) v Westminster City Council) The High Court has held that Westminster City Council’s allocation scheme suspending certain applicants from bidding for social housing for 12 months breached section 166A(3) of the HA 1996 (setting out which groups of people should be given reasonable preference when allocating housing).   Interesting i thought?               
  • Our picks

sherbert12

NHS Records accessed by family member

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2473 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello everyone

Just after a bit of advice please,

my mother fears that her health records have been accessed by a member of our family.

Without going into detail there is private information (ony held on file) which was brought up in coversation by this family member who works at a hospital.

My mother has not attended this hospital since her toubles 12 years ago.

We do not want to make matters worse in the family and accuse this person,

so how would we discover if they have indeed been snooping at her files whilst on shift?

Thanks all

If it is electronic access of the records you/she think may have happened then the only way to find out is to approach the hospital (perhaps through the PALS department)

and have a discussion with them and ask if they can get the IT department to look into what activity there has been on the computer system

and they should be able to see which departments/specific employees have accessed the records.

If the concern is that paper records have been accessed then there could be more problems finding a 'paper trail' to prove those concerns

unless the person requested the file from the medical records department.

The biggest issue though is that your relative is going to have to disclose why they want to know who has accessed the records before anything happens

- but she could impress on the person she speaks to that, pending the outcome of the investigation, she doesn't want to make a complaint

- though the hospital would have to act on any breaches of confidentiality they discover due to their duty of care to patients in respect of protecting patients information!!

Feebee_71

Edited by Feebee_71

Ok thank you feebee.

I do not know if there is a national database where people from anywhere can view newer records relating to her health or just the ones from that hospital?

It would be hard to say

if it was paper or electronic or if it had happened,

maybe they had a work collegue take a look,

but even more worrying is that they dropped something into the conversation that has never been discussed outside that hospital.

My mother is distraught as she still feels all this pain years on,

I don not understand why anyone from that hospital should have accessed her records or why as noone there has been responsible for her care for many years now.

There is no 'National Database' (mores the pity), that idea fell over.

Have moved you to the NHS section.

It's a shame there isn't a nationl database as then it would be easier to monitor one would think.

Thank you for moving me to the appropriate section.

It is a shame there isn't a National Database, it would have meant that had you been away on holiday or work and something serious and unexpected happened, they would have instantly been able to check you file and if there were medicines you were allergic to and any present conditions that could be made worse by planned treatment, they could get on with helping or saving your life rather than have to send faxes etc to get your medical record before they could even start.

My mother has since telephoned the hospital and they ran checks they said noone has viewed her file other than relevant staff back when she was in hosital some years ago. How can we be sure they are telling the truth? x

Why would someone unconnected to any issues with potential access not tell you the truth??

Remember, unless you told them why you wanted to know, it could have been for any purpose including someone requesting information with valid reason!!

Feebee_71

How recently was this brought up in conversation? Assuming this was a recent conversation:

If your Mother hasn't attended the hospital for 12 years, it's fairly unlikely that any of the information about her treatment has been digitised, so I would be surprised if anyone could access it electronically. If it's paper notes, after being redundant for 6 years, they're usually sent to a file store of some kind to free up space in the medical records department or depot. From personal experience, accessing notes in this way is a pain in the backside...it usually requires a paper request to be faxed to the company holding the notes, which are then delivered to the named person requesting them. The only time that the named person would be different to the person who actually requested them would be when, say, a secretary requested them on behalf of a doctor.

In short, after 12 years I think it's quite unlikely that anyone has accessed your mother's records.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

It was brought up at a gathering before christmas, the hospital said that her records are all accessable on the system and that in order for staff to access them, the patient would need to be present.