Is my holiday calculations correct?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I want to check if my employer has correctly applied my leave entitlement. He calculated my pro-rata entitlement to be 15 days. Which is what I expected.

I work 36 hours per week with Mon, Tue and Thur being half-days.

If Monday was a bank holiday, Is it correct for my employer to deduct 1 day from my entitlement even though I only work 0.5 days on Mondays?...I wouldn't be complaining if they actually paid me for a full day, but I still only got paid for 0.5 days.

Unless I'm mistaken, it just doesn't seem right.

Can anyone help confirm?

Mon: 0.5

Tue: 0.5

Wed: 1

Thur: 0.5

Fri: 1

Sat 1

I started work 30th April. The leave year runs from Jan - Dec so 15 days is correct. The gov.uk site also calculated 15 days.

I'm not worried about the entitlement. Its the deduction that I don't understand.

15 days is not correct. (nor is 15.1)

When you used the calculator you entered 4.5 days worked per week didn't you?

You work 6 days per week, so you were entitled to a minimum of 18.8 days from 30th Apr-31st Dec.

No it isn't.

Just because you work 4 hours on some days and 8 hours on others, it doesn't change the fact that you attend work 6 days a week.

If you only worked 4 hours every day for 5 or 6 days a week you would still be entitled to 18.8 days holiday for 30th Apr-31st Dec.

By the way, IF your employer had given you the correct entitlement of 19 days (because they can round up but not down, or they could give you a couple of hours off), it would then be OK for them to deduct 1 day from your holiday entitlement for a 0.5 day Bank holiday.

OK, see if this helps:

Debs normal weekly working hours are:

Mon- 1 hour

Tue- 2 hours

Wed- 3 hours

Statutory minimum annual holiday entitlement is therefore 17 days (rounded up from 16.8).

That's 17 days in total, not 17x1 hour, 17x2 hours or 17x3 hours.

So, if Debs takes a week off the employer pays her for 6 hours and deducts 3 days from her holiday entitlement.

But what if she just wants to take 1 day off?

Her employer could either:

Pay her for 1,2 or 3 hours (depending on whether she chose Mon, Tue or Wed) and deduct 1 day from her holiday entitlement

Or pay her for 2 hours (average daily hours) and deduct 1 day from her holiday entitlement.

Usually her contract of employment/other relevant agreement would inform her of which method will be used.