barclaycard debt sold to Lowell - chasing BC debt

Hacked_Off
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3601 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you for your email.

So that I may trace your complaint and forward to the relevant team, I would be grateful if you could provide the complaint reference number for the PPI claim.

Kind regards

Peter Ross | Customer Relations Manager

Barclaycard | Executives Office | Pillar 1A3

Massey Road | Stockton on Tees | TS17 6EX

United Kingdom | [email protected] | Mail van 42

Telephone +44 (0) 1452 825576

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Undoubtedly SB looms Lowell Panic!!!

When in 2007 was the last payment, you can make a rough estimate by going back 4-5 months prior to the default date.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Undoubtedly SB looms Lowell Panic!!!

When in 2007 was the last payment, you can make a rough estimate by going back 4-5 months prior to the default date.

I've no idea to be honest. I wad made redundant in 2007 and for a while used "in control debt solutions" which didn't work. I know for sure I have never paid a dca even though several have tried (wescot, 1st credit, fredericksons etc) id know for sure if Barclays would stump up the statements.

I was thinking that given the history of this debt that it might be a good idea to send a statute barred letter, the one below I have used a lot it does NOT acknowledge the debt, but will send a DCA in to a panic finding proof that it's not SB and very often turns up ''unavailable'' documents that you need.

Send RD to the Data Controller

Lowell.

Ref: use the one on their letters.

Sir,

I have been researching my credit history and in particular a debt for £ xxx .xx which Lowell allege is owed by me, this debt is said to originate from an acount with xxxxxxx, please note I do NOT acknowledge any debt to Lowell or any company you may claim to represent.

From my research I have concluded that any such alleged debt is statute barred, therefore I will not now or in the future make any payment or offer off payment in regard to this debt.

If Lowell are minded to dispute this matter I remind you that the onus of proof that the debt is not statute barred lies entirely on Lowell it is not for me to prove any thing.

I have been made aware of the OFT Guidance 2003/2012 and thesections regarding statute barred debt.

For clarification and the avoidance of misunderstanding this letter is NOT any admission or acknowledgment of any liability to Lowell.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

I was thinking that given the history of this debt that it might be a good idea to send a statute barred letter, the one below I have used a lot it does NOT acknowledge the debt, but will send a DCA in to a panic finding proof that it's not SB and very often turns up ''unavailable'' documents that you need.

Send RD to the Data Controller

Lowell.

Ref: use the one on their letters.

Sir,

I have been researching my credit history and in particular a debt for £ xxx .xx which Lowell allege is owed by me, this debt is said to originate from an acount with xxxxxxx, please note I do NOT acknowledge any debt to Lowell or any company you may claim to represent.

From my research I have concluded that any such alleged debt is statute barred, therefore I will not now or in the future make any payment or offer off payment in regard to this debt.

If Lowell are minded to dispute this matter I remind you that the onus of proof that the debt is not statute barred lies entirely on Lowell it is not for me to prove any thing.

I have been made aware of the OFT Guidance 2003/2012 and thesections regarding statute barred debt.

For clarification and the avoidance of misunderstanding this letter is NOT any admission or acknowledgment of any liability to Lowell.

Would this suffice by email? My printer died :(

Yes fine make sure it's saved and print off a copy when ever you can, request an acknowledgement of the e-mail.

.... and do not sign it ..... print your name

Please Please be rid of this myth of not signing docs it's nonsense these days BUT as this letter is to be e-mailed it is irrelevant anyway!!!

I always thought it was best not to sign anything going to a dca via the post.

A good few years ago there were allegations made that a DCA had ''lifted'' a signature and ''forged;; an agreement using it, not sure if it was ever proved, I can say in many years of dealing with DCAs and debt problems I have never seen any such happening, if you require information from a company DCA/Creditor a signature will be needed to verify the ID of the person making the enquiry (DPA).

It's like printing your name on a cheque and expecting it to be honoured.

What's the score with ppi? I got a refund of Barclays a while ago? Shouldn't that refund come off what Lowell's are claiming?

Looking through the old paper work the figures seem dodgy anyway and I suspect this is why Barclays won't hand over all the statements. In 2009 I've got a mountain of letter from several dcas all with differing amounts an bare in mind nonpayment was made. There's 230,390,370,430!!

Just had a threatogram in the post of lowlife:

"Despite the fact we have offered you numerous opportunities to resolve the debt it remains outstanding.

Unless we recieve payment in full or a part payment with proposed payment plan within the next five days we will have no alternative but to instruct our solicitors to look to begin legal action against you. This could result in us applying for the value of the debt to be secured on your property or applying to recover the money you owe by making deductions directly from your earnings along with court costs and interest. Alternately we may arrange for an agent to visit your address to negotiate settlement.

You can still avoid further qction being taken by contacting our collections department now."

Good look with that Lowell, I have no property owned by me and I'm an unemployed student!!

I think they may have turned up yesterday, someone was singing my doorbell for ages. People who know me know to txt me first or it gets ignored because I'm on the top floor!!

Morning Hacked Off,

Lowell do love their threats, the wording here is quite funny I think. ''No alternative but to instruct solicitors''. BUT

''we may alternatively send our man in a dirt mac to see you''.

What a load of BOWLOCKS.

Ignore or ''plead poverty'' and tell them their secret squirrel can get lost.

They seem to have the same cycle. Send me nice letters offering "generous" discounts and "we want to help" then threats then they go quiet for a bit!! Quite amusing really. I'm low on toilet paper today so thanks for the letter Lowell :)

You have to laugh at their missives, I wonder sometimes how they could possibly think that anyone ever takes them serious?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!