Hacked_Off

Lowell againchasing BC debt

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2001 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just now had this emailed to me:

Three easy steps to clearing your debt

Your unpaid debt could be affecting your credit rating, making it more difficult for you to obtain credit. The debt isn't going to go away and legal action could be taken against you if you do not make arrangements to re-pay the debt.

Get peace of mind, knowing you're taking care of your obligations, by following these three easy steps:

One. Decide how much you can afford to pay each month. If you can pay the balance in full your credit file will be updated to show the debt has been settled and no longer exists.

Two. Either call us on 0113 308 6085 to discuss your payment options - we won't ask you to pay more than you can afford, so don't worry - or, if you'd prefer go to www.Lowell.co.uk and either pay off the balance with your debit card or set up an affordable monthly Direct Debit. (You can set up a Direct Debit securely by following this link)

Three. Just ensure that there is enough money in your bank account each month to pay the Direct Debit when your payment is due. Simple.

We won't add any interest to your account whilst you are repaying it.

Take the worry out of your debts, just call us on 0113 308 6085 we'll always find a solution for you.

Yours sincerely,

James Crabtree

Customer Service Manager

Non idea how they got my email address, I assume barclaysharks passed it on after my recent ppi claim. Mmm is that allowed?

Lowell seem to jab had a lapse in memory they did not comply with my sar or cca and admitted they "couldn't find" the agreements nor full statements and "placed the account on hold"

Why a SAR to Lowell they have no date from before they aquired the debt,SARs go to the original creditor, the CCa to LOWELL.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Yeah sorry that's what I meant I cca Lowell and sar to barclaysharks. Barclays sent the postal order back claiming they could not locate an account having the previous week sent me some statements!!!

Complaint to Barclays Data Controller,data is kept for 6 years after an account is closed.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

So Sharklays have returned your £10 fee for the SAR?

Ignore lowlifes, just laugh at their letters and emails.

How old is the account with sharklays?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Sounds like it might be reaching the end of it's life.

It sounds like the debt may be statute barred anyway....

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Exactly or very close to it. Lets send them a nice letter, tell them we won't ask for more than you can afford, even £1 per month will do and 'gotcha' the SB now has another 6 years to take effect. We can now stop all the niceties and get down to the serious business of harassment and threats.

So Sharklays have returned your £10 fee for the SAR?

Ignore lowlifes, just laugh at their letters and emails.

I havnt made a payment since 2007.

Now that I think of it it will be coming close to statute barred.

That explains why they keep offering me discounts!!

Thank you for your email.

So that I may trace your complaint and forward to the relevant team, I would be grateful if you could provide the complaint reference number for the PPI claim.

Kind regards

Peter Ross | Customer Relations Manager

Barclaycard | Executives Office | Pillar 1A3

Massey Road | Stockton on Tees | TS17 6EX

United Kingdom | peter.ross@barclaycard.co.uk | Mail van 42

Telephone +44 (0) 1452 825576

Undoubtedly SB looms Lowell Panic!!!

When in 2007 was the last payment, you can make a rough estimate by going back 4-5 months prior to the default date.

Undoubtedly SB looms Lowell Panic!!!

When in 2007 was the last payment, you can make a rough estimate by going back 4-5 months prior to the default date.

I've no idea to be honest. I wad made redundant in 2007 and for a while used "in control debt solutions" which didn't work. I know for sure I have never paid a dca even though several have tried (wescot, 1st credit, fredericksons etc) id know for sure if Barclays would stump up the statements.

I've emailed them a copy of there own letter dated 12 may 2012 which states the account is placed on hold until they can stump up the agreement. To date I'm yet to receive it.

I was thinking that given the history of this debt that it might be a good idea to send a statute barred letter, the one below I have used a lot it does NOT acknowledge the debt, but will send a DCA in to a panic finding proof that it's not SB and very often turns up ''unavailable'' documents that you need.

Send RD to the Data Controller

Lowell.

Ref: use the one on their letters.

Sir,

I have been researching my credit history and in particular a debt for £ xxx .xx which Lowell allege is owed by me, this debt is said to originate from an acount with xxxxxxx, please note I do NOT acknowledge any debt to Lowell or any company you may claim to represent.

From my research I have concluded that any such alleged debt is statute barred, therefore I will not now or in the future make any payment or offer off payment in regard to this debt.

If Lowell are minded to dispute this matter I remind you that the onus of proof that the debt is not statute barred lies entirely on Lowell it is not for me to prove any thing.

I have been made aware of the OFT Guidance 2003/2012 and thesections regarding statute barred debt.

For clarification and the avoidance of misunderstanding this letter is NOT any admission or acknowledgment of any liability to Lowell.

I was thinking that given the history of this debt that it might be a good idea to send a statute barred letter, the one below I have used a lot it does NOT acknowledge the debt, but will send a DCA in to a panic finding proof that it's not SB and very often turns up ''unavailable'' documents that you need.

Send RD to the Data Controller

Lowell.

Ref: use the one on their letters.

Sir,

I have been researching my credit history and in particular a debt for £ xxx .xx which Lowell allege is owed by me, this debt is said to originate from an acount with xxxxxxx, please note I do NOT acknowledge any debt to Lowell or any company you may claim to represent.

From my research I have concluded that any such alleged debt is statute barred, therefore I will not now or in the future make any payment or offer off payment in regard to this debt.

If Lowell are minded to dispute this matter I remind you that the onus of proof that the debt is not statute barred lies entirely on Lowell it is not for me to prove any thing.

I have been made aware of the OFT Guidance 2003/2012 and thesections regarding statute barred debt.

For clarification and the avoidance of misunderstanding this letter is NOT any admission or acknowledgment of any liability to Lowell.

Would this suffice by email? My printer died :(

Yes fine make sure it's saved and print off a copy when ever you can, request an acknowledgement of the e-mail.

.... and do not sign it ..... print your name

Please Please be rid of this myth of not signing docs it's nonsense these days BUT as this letter is to be e-mailed it is irrelevant anyway!!!

Please Please be rid of this myth of not signing docs it's nonsense these days BUT as this letter is to be e-mailed it is irrelevant anyway!!!

I always thought it was best not to sign anything going to a dca via the post.

I always thought it was best not to sign anything going to a dca via the post.

A good few years ago there were allegations made that a DCA had ''lifted'' a signature and ''forged;; an agreement using it, not sure if it was ever proved, I can say in many years of dealing with DCAs and debt problems I have never seen any such happening, if you require information from a company DCA/Creditor a signature will be needed to verify the ID of the person making the enquiry (DPA).

It's like printing your name on a cheque and expecting it to be honoured.

Let's see what the lonely brain cell comesup with:lol:

Maybe I should give them the same courtesy they give me and hound them with emails :)