CSA breaking their own rules?

moandcubs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been fighting since 2009 with the CSA regarding arrears they say I owe. After involving my MP and speaking to a manager it was reduced from £4000 to about £1200. I am still disputing this figure as I have constantly provided proof I only owe about £400 (from when I was paying legal fees to actually get to see my daughter I stupidly stopped paying maintenance)

Anyway, my wife phoned Child Maintenance Options today for advice. After explaining the situation to the guy on the phone he says that from the sounds of it the CSA have not acted properly throughout the whole affair.

He says that a signed letter I sent in October 2010 by myself and ex partner stating we had a mutual agreement should have closed my case. Instead they kept it open. Then, by phoning my ex partner up a year later telling her I owed over £3000 in arrears and did she want it collected but would have to end our mutual agreement, this also shouldn't have happened.

Has anyone else heard of the case being closed when the parents are happy to pay each other? Also, due to the CSA then barging in a year after being told we were happy with our arrangement, they ended my relationship with my daughter and had my ex laughing all the way to the bank (despite most of the arrears being for money I had already paid!)

Also just to add, the signed letter I sent ends with:

"We hope that this will start the process of a mutual agreement being recognised and that the need of you to be involved past 3rd October is no longer needed"

Would this have shut the case? As I had never made any payment through them until Nov 2011 when they did the above and my ex then terminated the agreement

I was told by the CSA that a case open with them only closes when the parents receiving the maintenance rings them to close it or the child(ren) involved reach the upper age limit/leave full time education.

I'm afraid I can't answer your questions tho