• Tweets

• Could you link us to BankFodder's post please? The judge's office means something different to me. HB
    • Hi LFI, With regard to the ANPR cameras in your post #65, while I was on the phone to the Planning Department, they did take a look at Google Streetview and went back to 2012 where they could see the ANPR cameras in place so therefore they would have deemed consent. I had previously read the T&C Planning Regulations and had read the section on deemed consent so I understood the point they made on the phone. It doesn't matter though, that doesn't harm my case any, and I shouldn't really mention this now, (this is what you reminded me of on another thread) but in the past I was a member of a scheme that gave me access to legal advice, I have spoken to a barrister previously through this scheme on another matter and I think I am still a member. I am going to check if I am still a member of the scheme, and if I am I will discuss my case with a barrister or solicitor, whichever the scheme deems appropriate. I will let you know the outcome. I am also going to take Bankfodders advice in the sticky and go to the local court and ask if I can sit in on a case in the Judges office.
    • deed?  you mean consent order you and her signed? concluding the case as long as you nor she break it's conditions signed upto? dx Yes sorry. they called it a deed at first in court.  Then Judge said she was happy to have it sealed as something else  exact names of orders in message above.     The disease was tested for when his cardiac testing was done immediately after purchase and part of the now sealed case.   However, results were disclosed incorrectly and I only found out  two days ago.   This disease did not form part of my knowledge during the case as I had been informed of a normal result that was not the case.   it is perfect clarity of a genetic disease where as the previous cardiac issue could be congenital until the pup is genetically tested. 
    • Hi, Halifax recently sold a credit card account of mine to Cabot. I am unemployed and have no assets and was thinking of making token £1 payments for 12-18 months in order to drag things out a bit and reduce the chance of Cabot being able to get the correct CCA documents from Halifax if I requested them in future. However, I saw on the pages on this forum about defending county court claims that one of the standard approaches when defending such claims is to say “I had an account with bank X, but I don’t remember the details and so don’t know if I owe this debt…”. If I made £1 payments to Cabot, would it prevent me from using such a defence in future? OC: Halifax DC: Cabot/Wescot Card account opened: 2016 Defaulted: 2023
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

bayv and their insurance.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4117 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

i.m helping a friend with bayv but haven.t a clue what is what .

i know u don.t need their insurance and she.s got home insurance,

always have ,

they.ve even seen it for them selfs.

and what i believe is ,

as in the same boat myself with bh that it.s illegal to have two insurances on products .

the thing is their paper work don.t say much on the insurance product

i know she got them but what it covers i haven.t a clue also she.s being charged interest on the insurance product is this legal.

Why is she being charged interest on the insurance product - she hasnt taken a loan from BAYV for this, has she ?

I will flag your thread for more advice.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

hi it states 1x warranty for the item she had £50 then at the bottom 19.68 interest 19.70 %.thats just 1 contract she.s looking for the rest she seems to have a lot for the same one but no signtures.

jesus its on all of them their warranty is a loan with interest and was never told this your not only getting ripped off by their over priced insurance but being charged interest on top. what shoyld she do collection due on friday and i know she.s not got the money as she unpluged the box from tv.

I have alerted someone on the site team who has more experience in respect of BAYV.. I am sure they will look in soon.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

hi ya a22...me again..

if you look in this forum

you'll see there are loads of people

that are

and

that HAVE

reclaimed it and their other 'compulsory' insurance too

99.9% of people have no idea they are NOT conpulsory

REGARDLESS to any T&C's Bayv might try and force on people.

but ofcourse the sales rep made a nice healthy commission upon selling them..........

you DO NOT need to have any insurances inplace on HP agreements

one point..

its not ILLEGAL - its not a CRIMINAL matter, thought it SHOULD BE!!

go get them both reclaimed

plus the interest they charge on them

and dont forget

as with a PPI reclaim [treat it the same as]

you are also entitled to 8% stat int back on each payment too from its 'date'

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

the esp insurance

do you know if the same as bh dlc insurance .

also got a contract here saying goods covered by esp both items N for no then next box the premium payable 2.68 total 418.08 .

also theres some thing on there about a secondary agreement and a weekly payment of 1.13.

just to say on these items she made herself known that she didn.t want insurance

and showed her home contents and took insurance with domestic and general they even took a picture of insurance at her home.

so this was missold .

Edited by arianna22

well as already stated

there is NO requirement in ANY of the HP agreement condition

anywhere on the the net that says an HP agreement must be covered by insurance

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well its not what they say

what she was told was if you don.t want the insurance you gotto send us a copy of your house contents and we.ll take it off

but instead she showed them when signed up .

god what a complete lie

so same with brighthouse cause i thought u had to have the dlc cover if no home contents as this is what i hear all the time .

i.ve been telling people to claim theirs back

some didn.t even know what they where so u can guess they had them.

isn.t there anyway we can make trading standards really look into this like banks

its totally unfair cause people who are already in money trouble get done .

Dear Arianna 22

Under the terms and conditions of the agreement, a customer must appropriately insure goods being purchased from Buy As You View. EPS insurance is offered by Buy As You View. It is Administered by Castelan Limited and underwritten by Ageas Insurance Limited.

EPS is not compulsory. The customer can choose to insure their products with another Insurance company if they so wish. A customer must produce a certificate of insurance as proof that the goods are appropriately covered. If a customer can prove that they have adequate insurance in place since purchasing the products, we can process a refund of EPS payments.

The EPS Insurance payments do not attract interest and it is not a loan. It is a pay as you go insurance product. The payments are a small weekly amount for convenience and affordability.

EPS covers customers for accidental damage and theft. Should any of these unfortunate events happen and a claim is approved, a full replacement of the product will be given.

In addition, a warranty known as “All Sorted” can be purchased by customers if they so choose. A leaflet and dedicated website is available for more details on this. However, in summary All Sorted gives unlimited repairs, Loan products, no call out charges, no fault found no charge as well as a number of other benefits.

A customer can choose to buy this for cash, or All Sorted can be financed by Buy As You View. All Sorted is also not compulsory. Some customers choose to purchase it because they want complete piece of mind should anything go wrong during the period of their agreement.

I recommend that you contact your Customer Account Manager or call us on 0845 121 5690 if you require any further detail.

Many thanks

BAYV

well house contents insurance covers this then and am told its illegal for someone to make a claim twice on a item .on these contracts eps should never of been sold and there are payments being taken and not a clue why whats a secondary agreement .and some of the contracts haven.t even been signed by either if us.and under the supply of goods act you haven.t got to have insurance there are no terms in hire purchase stating that your items have to be insured .

I would simply start the process for reclaiming all the premiums back.

If this has definitely been mis sold then you will of course be entitled to the appropriate compensatory interest.

IMHO, you should make both Trading standards and the Financial Ombudsman aware of the way in which your friend was sold this insurance cover.

BCOBS

well my friends got a response by email and pretty quick to is happy to refund esp once insurance docs are produced but not the all sorted warrenty as she used it for her hoover that broke first year she.s entitled to have it fixed anyway and even though she ain.t got warrenty on fridge well she.s not suppose to it broke down within a 2 month of having it and had many problems with it also but like they said it was covered under the first year warrenty and it was repaired no problems. they won.t pay that so will have to go small claims root so many docs here with no signatures and we also found out that she had to pay £78 to cover her tv from breakdown cause the box was attached over 3 years best bit is first item was for 2 years a cooker the tv was bh and only a few months old and had insurance on it not once was she told about this ,and even better they never cancelled the payment and owe her 13.50 guess this was the second aggreement that we couldn.t figure out what 50p a wk was for.well another small claims here we go.also all insurance as been cancelled.

Edited by arianna22

please add blank lines to your posts

use the edit button in the gray toolbar.

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Well bayv said they.ll send cheque out on thursday last week second class post and it was sent you can guess the rest its not been sent even though promised and should receive it tuesday lastest.also why don.t anyone know who elanie mockler is thats weird must be a made up person .