Saphyre

How long should I wait for a discipliinary?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2481 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Sorry to be a pain but I'm unsure how to open a new thread. I'm jsut wondering if anyone would know if there is a time limit between when you are told you are going to be given a disciplinary and when they give you the date for disciplinary in writing? I was told at the begining of October that I would be getting one, however I haven't had written confrimation yet. My Manager has chased HR up about it but she still hasn't heard anything. Can they leave it this long??

Hello there.

I've started a new thread for you, please continue to post here.

You might like to tell us more about your story if you'd like advice on the hearing itself. The guys are good at that sort of advice.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

The ACAS Code which governs disciplinary procedures states the hearing should be held "without unreasonable delay" which is none too helpful!

Are you currently suspended?

No I'm not suspended. It's due to sickness that I've been given it. In August I had a disciplinary and the outcome was a 6 month written warning. Then I had to have a couple of days off in October so at my return to work meeting, my team leader told be I would have another disciplinary but I haven't heard anything since. I have asked my team leader who said that she has reminded our HR department about it a couple of times. But still no written confrimation of it. I'm worried that now our peak period over Christmas has quietened down (I work in a retail contact centre) that they will now dismiss me.

How long have you worked there?

If over a year, they can't just dismiss you.

How many stages are in your attendance policy?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

I'm not 100% sure. 6 stages I think. I had a disciplinary back in 2010 for sickness adnw as given a 6 month verbal warning. Then again in August 2012 I was given a 6 month written warning, and now I'm waiting for another disciplinary. :(

I think you need to get a copy of the procedure/ poliucy. You need to be sure! 6 would be really unlikely, sounds like you have been on and off the procedure for a while.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

There are 2 ways you can look at this

1. By their tardyness the main criteria for sickness dismissal "failure to give regular and sustained attendance" may br argues if you have not been off since oct as you can argue you have

2. They are waiting for you to be off again to make it more simple

There is also a 3rd view which is that they simply forgot about you

the best advice is already here though, get a copy of your sickness policy so you know the rules they can apply to you