Jessica87

JD Williams - Didn't know I was applying for credit

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2485 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

I ordered a pair of jeans for my then boyfriend from Premier Man in 2009. I paid for the jeans using my debit card. I recently carried out a review of my credit history and noticed that they had actually opened a credit account and I'm quite furious. I bought the goods, they delivered them, that was that, I had no intention of ordering from them ever again and certainly did not request a credit account.

Although it shows as settled and obviously no defaults, I've been advised by my mortgage broker that it may be looked upon negatively and as I didn't know it had happened, I should look into getting it removed.

Is this possible? There is absolutely no mention of signing a credit agreement or being provided with a credit limit anywhere during the order process, except for a bit hidden in the Data Protection notice:

"We may also use your information, including shopping habits, to open and run your credit account including payment recovery, fraud prevention and debtor tracing and for our marketing." but it never asks me if I want this or not.

I think it's really shady and want to get it removed but I'm not sure I have a leg to stand on.

As an aside, I will never order anything from any of their group of companies ever again. I've never known any online retailer to operate in this way.

Edited by Jessica87

Hi, This is quite a common occurrence, the way these companys' operate is that acceptance of the first order is acceptance of a credit account, this would have been on what ever order ''form'' you used (smallprint).

I can't see why a settled account not in use could possibly affect a mortgage application, it's more of a ''good reference'' imo.

If you want to attempt the removal of the entry ( you need to check all 3 main Credit Reference Agencies as well) send the following letter to the Data Controller

at Premier Man.

Ref: The account number.

Dear sir,

I have recently checked my credit reference files held by xxxxxxxxx credit reference agency and have found that Premier Man have opened a credit account in my name in 2009. I used this ''facility'' for a one off order for one item which was paid for at the time of ordering and I have no intention of using this account again.

I am in the process of applying for a mortgage and my broker has advised that this dormant account may affect my ability to obtain the mortgage, I would therefore like this entry and any other entries made on other agencies to be removed immediately, there is no reason or obligation for this account to be reported on at this time.

Please confirm that the action required has been taken within the next 7 working days.

Send recorded delivery to the HO address.

• Haha 1

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks very much BRIGADIER2JCS, am I relying on them doing this out of kindness (no chance) or do I have any legal rights in this regard? It seems so shady, I don't know how they get away with it!

Thanks very much BRIGADIER2JCS, am I relying on them doing this out of kindness (no chance) or do I have any legal rights in this regard? It seems so shady, I don't know how they get away with it!

All the JDW accounts are started in the same way often customersw do not realise they are technically signing a regulated consumer credit agreement, but it is quite legal.

I can see no reason for them not to remove it as the account is dormant, if they decline to take action it may mean a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office I can help with that if needed.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: