MBNA - asking for a refund in charges!

Ingrid
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6590 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm completely new to all this and am somewhat embarrassed to ask!

I've had an MBNA credit card since last July - via a balance transfer! I received a statement yesterday with £25.00 Late Payment fee and £25.00 Overlimit fee! I was two days late - then with the Interest added this took me over the limit! I was quite shocked and angry! This was not the first time this has happened, and I have endeavoured each month to send more than the Minimum Payment (okay, not much more, but I still get slapped with an Overlimit Fee!) I checked this evening and I have been penalised £300 in fees for both "offences". Just when I think I've cracked it I get another penalty!

Now £300 isn't much but at this rate I am struggling to keep up with them (MBNA!) I feel I have to write to them but the usual standard letter seems a little inappropriate for such a small amount! Please point me in the right direction because I've browsed this forum for ages! (Useful forum, btw!)

Your help is very much appreciated!

Ingrid

Welcome.

You need to read the FAQs in depth and familiarise yourself with the material so you gain some confidence, we all know how intimidating it all seems (is!) to start with. After that, go for it! :D

It really is the standard letter - it applies when you are asking for £1 as much as if you are asking for £5000

Just follow the proceedure as shown - you'll be fine. There's no trickery involved, honest!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/08/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6590 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks