style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2477 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

How long do they normally take to investigate an error?

I had savings over the £6k (about £2k over) for about 6 months.

I did explain that it was because I borrowed the money so I could lock it up for 5 years to earn 6% interest PA.

My account showed that money being paid in viA my dad, then paid out 6 months later.

Sorry, that still counts as capital.

With investigations - how long is a piece of string?

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

how long is a piece of string?

Twice as long as from the middle to the end. Always! :wink:

I did tell them that I understood I made an error and would payback any overpayment, would be about £150

I did tell them that I understood I made an error and would payback any overpayment, would be about £150

Don't worry too much. They'll finish investigating, you'll pay and that'll be the end of it.

I just wanted sorted out, been nearly a year since the visit.

I know it's frustrating, but there isn't any way of hurrying them up. If it were me, I'd put aside the money to pay, then try to forget about it till they contacted me. It is hard though, I understand.

It's taking them this long to give you a proper over payment amount? That doesn't sound right to me tbh. I would be getting on their back about it. If it is only about £150 is it possible that they have already recouped it out of on going benefit?

If I had calculated the overpayment and it was affordable, I would pay it and not wait to be asked for it.