Airline Cancellation Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I was hoping someone on here might be able to provide advice to assist with the dilemma I find myself in, a month ago I booked a return flight from London Heathrow to Hong Kong so that I could attend a friends wedding, unfortunately due to a family tragedy the wedding has now been postponed for 3 months.

So I called the company I booked the flights with to try and rearrange the dates, over the phone I was informed that it would cost me £175 to amend the flight details to the new dates, however they needed to check a few details so would contact me back shortly to confirm.

Having heard nothing for 3 days I eventually got an email through (written in very poor english) basically stating that the airline that I had booked my original flight with were no longer flying that route from the 3rd March 2013, so it would be impossible to amend the flight details as requested.

If I want to cancel I can do but I can only expect about a 50% refund in about 6-8 weeks time once they have reclaimed back from the airline.

As they have stated they will be getting a refund from the airline surely I'm entitled to more of a refund than that as it's nopt my fault they cannot accomodate the dates I need.

With the reason I booked the flights being so I can attend a wedding there are a number of people who are booked on the same flights who are having simular problems, however they have booked directly through the airline and have been offered a larger refund than I have been offered, or the option of retaining the value of there ticket to use on that airline to fly to an alternative destination.

I would really appreciate any advice that people can offer in connection to this dilemma as unless I can reclaim a larger portion of a refund from my original ticket outlay I won't be able to afford to book new tickets to attend the wedding on the new dates.

Thanks in advance, Tom

Edited by citizenB

The Terms and Conditions can be found on the link below, but I'm not entirely sure which part applies, As it states if I want to to cancel the flights then I will incur a 100% loss of the total cost. However if the changes to the flight are made by the airline then I will be entitled to "(a) Carriage on another flight with the same airline without additional costs; (b) Re-routing to your destination with another carrier with or without additional costs; © Receiving a full refund which we receive back form supplier/airline" which seem to be the options that people who have booked directly through the airline are being provided with. I seem to have just been offered a 50% refund for my ticket which doesn't seem to comply with anthing listed in the terms and conditions.

Ok I can't post links on here, but if you google "travelup terms and conditions" it will be the first result

Ok I can't post links on here, but if you google "travelup terms and conditions" it will be the first result

http://www.travelup.co.uk/TermsAndConditions.aspx

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

link froze my computer!!

anyway it is all there and pretty clear, you want to make the change so if they offer you 50% back IMO would take it.

Also if you took out insurance, I dont think that reason would be accepted.

Link is working ok for me!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I believe any eu stuff only covers flights on eu based carriers so emirates would not be covered for example.

It really is all down to the T&C's. of the ticket you booked. My OH works for the major player in long haul travel agency and his opinion would be tough if that's the tterms.

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

I believe any eu stuff only covers flights on eu based carriers so emirates would not be covered for example.

EU 261/2004 covers all EU based carriers when flying into or out of the EU. It also covers non-EU carriers when departing the EU...