NewsBot

Smoking: Can the nation kick the habit?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2482 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Although I still socially smoke, and have the odd one throughout the week, I managed to kick the actual addiction thanks to the Niquitin QuickMist mouthspray.

Despite not stopping (only because I enjoy having one from time to time), I managed to change the way I smoked.

By this I meant that I showed myself that I DON'T need to be a slave to the addiction. I can happily do for weeks without one now :)

I personally think that 99% of stopping smoking is phycological as opposed to physical. The psycological side of it augments the physical addiction.

A good example is, when I smoked, I always had a pack around. When I ran out, and ONLY then, the craving got 10x worse.

Funny you should mention that. someone I know quit cold turkey after 40 years, but for the first year after if stopped he kept a carton of 200 in the boot of his car. he said that he didn't mind not smoking as long as he knew they were there if he wanted one. after a year, he chucked them.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

I did it the hard way...................heart attack....not the best way to give up but it worked for me .....been smoke free now for over 6 years