style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My husband and I have recently been made bankrupt, for a debt of £3750

we have no equity in the house and we have made a decision to give up fighting

our mortgage is with Kensington and second with Crapstone ,

we have been to court several times and now is the time to give up ,

my husband has a severe disability and we receive DLA and ESA

he has been put in the support group

we cannot afford the mortgage payments so we have decided to let our house go and see if the council can help,

we r currently living with our daughter and her son and sleeping on the floor ,

my GP has said in a letter to the MEB that he cannot exist without his medical equipment

and is unable to get upstairs so we have to let him use a comode

hopefully Age Concern can help us otherwise I dont know what will happen to us

What questions are you asking and what do you want to know?

As for the housing, the council may deem you to have made yourself intentionally homeless by not paying your mortgage. All you can do is apply. Things like tampering with the electricity supply won't go in your favour either unfortunately, as the electricity companies don't cut people off without evidence of such. But it is certainly worth applying and hoping.

I take it you are wanting some answers about bankruptcy as you are here on this board?

Mitchell, all I would say is reading your other posts, now you are BR, all PPI compensation now belongs to your OR as it is part of your estate and needs to be handed over when if any monies arrive. Many people don't bother claiming as they won't receive the money themselves anyway, the OR may place a claim themselves for it or they may not.

My husband and I have recently been made bankrupt, for a debt of £3750 we have no equity in the house and we have made a decision to give up fighting our mortgage is with Kensington and second with Crapstone , we have been to court several times and now is the time to give up , my husband has a severe disability and we receive DLA and ESA he has been put in the support group

Hi

Hope Age Concern can help

In situations like this you can feel very much alone but help should be out there and no-one should judge you.

Things happen and it does not always necessarily mean you will be classed as intentionally homeless (also you may be able to appeal against a LA decision if appropriate)

Local Authorities are there to help and you do have rights either way.

Along with other things, vulnerability can be a decisive factor in these situations as it should be in my opinion

It may also be a good idea to speak to an agency such as a CAB or Law Centre if possible as these agencies may have experienced advisers who can speak to others such as the Local Authority and put over your case so to speak if necessary.

There is also Shelter

Useful links here (as always knowledge is power and with homelessness & housing issues this can be particulary true in my opinion and experience)

Homeless Link Charity

http://homeless.org.uk/local-authority-advice

Homelessness Code of Guidence for Local Authorities (chapters 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 11 may be of particular interest)

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/7841/152056.pdf

Best wishes

Edited by Wintry

My husband and I have recently been made bankrupt, for a debt of £3750

we have no equity in the house and we have made a decision to give up fighting

our mortgage is with Kensington and second with Crapstone ,

we have been to court several times and now is the time to give up ,

my husband has a severe disability and we receive DLA and ESA

he has been put in the support group

we cannot afford the mortgage payments so we have decided to let our house go and see if the council can help,

we r currently living with our daughter and her son and sleeping on the floor ,

my GP has said in a letter to the MEB that he cannot exist without his medical equipment

and is unable to get upstairs so we have to let him use a comode

hopefully Age Concern can help us otherwise I dont know what will happen to us

Michtell: I am sorry that you face the difficulties which you do.

I would strongly suggest that at such a time as you have resolved your immediate housing and other issues you consider looking again at both Kensington and Capstone. Both organisations can and do make errors that may leave open some measure of financial recovery to you and your family.

Good luck!

both kennys andcrapstone have im sure been fined heavly

for poor treatment of customers.

it would be foolish to try and help without the full details

WHAT is the debt you have allowed yourselves to be BK'd on

who is it with.

did you get court or SD served properly

we need info

sadly i think you are accepting it is correct

we here at cag , like to prove otherwise

tell us the story

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It is a firm of solicitors who acted for my husband on a probate matter , a price was agreed then i get double the bill. I refuse to pay, Served ccj, stat demand, Sherriffs costs with debt of 5 sherriff went away on appeal, tried to contact solicitors, offer charge, no thanks,,, offered what i agreed to pay not the service cuz the service wasnt worth it, appealed in court, something in the contract was questioned by judge , but ruled for the solicitors. This isnt a small firm but they operate in the same town as the court.

Contacted the legal ombudsman to formally complain as i was advised to give them 8 weeks to try and resolve the matter, but all we got was if we didnt pay the 3750 they would continue with petition. In court they offered 1500 payment today and the balance over a period but i do not honestly believe that i agreed to 3750 only 1500 based on a pre qualifying interview regarding the matter.

I have been to court, the judge made it clear what was on the table and that i should take the offer but again i stated £1500 take it or leave it. The agent declined and i was made bankrupt.

i am writing to the legal ombudsman to explain whats happened and hope they will annul it pending their investigation as they have asked for all the paperwork, letters notes, emails ect previous to me being bancrupt which we are finalising now to post off next week.

I also told the bancruptcy judge that i had been in touch with the legal ombudsman and that they upheld my complaint and were taking on the case. I understood it to mean that after my interview and letters to the ombusman they were taking on the case to investigate. I asked for a letter from them to provide me with a letter for the court but it never came. No Proof on the day.

Are you in Scotland ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

There is CAB advice on this. The energy supplier needs to be advised that the husband is long term sick which makes him vulnerable. Drs letter should do the trick.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

contacted Offficial receiver and had the apointment cancelled for a month, but supplied him with our mortgage statements ect, He called back to say he could see we have a deficit and that the offer of £1500 full and final is available from family but didnt know how long it was available for. I suggested to the OR to contact the claimant and expain.

Either that or nothing will come. but this is annul the bankruptcy.

Now that is put to one side we can now concentrate on Kensington and the bad practice tactics they use to evict VICTIMS of greed and fraud. Dont forget they offered us £few thousand pound as full and final settlement but we declined it as we beleive it is 4 or 5 times that, also letters of apology and £100 compensation fess ect, When the judge saw the letters he call for an emergency hearing.They are well aware its only a matter of time before they will face the serious fraud office as all the other libor Lehman connected companies.Just hope we can set wheels in motion for a prosecution through the legal aid if we can get a lawer to take on the case. The difference is we can proove the broke the banking and mortgage codes and are preparing our case for a 45minute emergency meeting in court against them and us. any other snippets of info please send me as it will all be included in my case as evidence.

As for Ascenden , we have had a reply from them offering a small amount of money and a letter informing us to take SPML to court as they sold on the mortgage. Seems like they are all starting to pass the buck now!!!!!.