• Tweets

• Hi there Manager for our soccer sixes team moved overseas mid season and we struggled for numbers so we told the ref about 5 weeks prior to seasons end that we would see out these games then be done and he told us he’d ’pass the message on to the relevant people’. Heard nothing, then 3 days prior to the new season beginning we were given our fixture for that weekend. Told the guy over text we had pulled out and the ref should’ve passed a message on but we were told sufficient notice wasn’t given and it needed to be in writing. I argued it’s not our fault the ref didn’t do as he said but we were countered by the T&Cs.    now being chased for what was £608 kindly reduced to £476 to pay off remainder of the season. Been sent a letter in the post from their accountancy team and told needs to be paid by Friday.   seen a lot of the other threads saying we can literally just ignore everything but im concerned about debt collections and credit score being harmed. Can anyone confirm if this all works/what we should do?   thanks
    • Hi,   I have given an official police witness statement for the prosecution in an upcoming criminal court case, and I am very anxious about what might happen.  Specifically regarding being cross-examined.  My statement is very short, and only a couple of paragraphs long, regarding a conversation I had with one of the victims.  I have tried to research online about what information about me the defence barrister might be able to find and use to discredit me.  I have by no means have a shady past but, I am concerned about what private information might be brought up, and as this is a case that will be in the national press as it is in the public interest.  The two preliminary hearings were reported in the papers.   I have tried to research  online what information the opposition can seek, but it is all very complicated.  I believe that they can legally access public records, but I'm not sure what information public records hold.  Can they access my medical records, educational history, HMRC, and Department for Work and Pensions? (I am a self employed sole trader).  I was arrested once, and this was unfortunately instigated by the victim in this case, so could well be of interest to them.  It resulted in no further action, however I have only discovered this week that that, in fact, this means I have a criminal record, and will be so until I am 100 (no chance)! This has really annoyed me to say the least, especially since I asked him afterwards why he rang the police and he said 'for a laugh'.  So I have started to look into applying for it to be deleted, but again, if anyone has any advice on this I would be appreciative. At the moment, my name isn't on the confirmed list to give evidence, but the detective I have been dealing with has said it is 'likely'. The names of the victims in this case will not be allowed to be reported, are witnesses fair game for the press? I really need no know how deep they can delve in to my life so I am prepared if my character gets assassinated in front of the nation. I really wish I'd never agreed to this.   Many thanks
    • A belated thanks dx. Yes I may take your advice regarding StepChange. I am finding that I am telling them (on behalf of my Son) the true balances outstanding? They never seem to check properly in which worries me. If I was to take on myself is there another way of dealing with various debts? I have already submitted other IRL complaints on his behalf. Today I have received a further response from Quidie T/A Fernovo confirming that they will waiver all interest paid.
    • Good evening  Case hearing this Friday 26/04. looking to have all my prep/papers ready.    just checking in to get update on my last post , ( the t&c’s attached). No name or address on them as per #49   thank you UCM  
    • Thanks a lot.  I did read every single post and though the process was fairly clear at a high level, I just wanted to be sure in the areas a posted. Call it first time nerves, going down this route.  Thanks again.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Vardi/? claimform - old Sony MBNA Card Debt

s8n
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3981 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys.

Sorry i am posting this thread again.

There where some tech issues with the previous ones.

I had two credit cards with MBNA, one was Sony and the other Virgin (thread found here)

This one received a county court claim last month.

I owe around £3000.

I acknowledged the service, extending my 19 day deadline to 02/01/2013.

I have tried my utmost to get legal aid, but i am in a black hole situation where unless i or my partner move out (we recently split up, but still live together), i cannot get legal aid.

I called Santanders Legal Assistance service which i get with my premium account which i found out about as few weeks ago.

The girl on the phone said i should dispute full liability and base a defence on the fact that no Default Notice had been received in accordance to the Consumer Credit Act 1974 Section 87 and 88.

Is this correct?

Can someone help me word this please, i am a bit apprehensive of doing my own defence, seen as the one in the other thread has complicated things.

Any help is much appreciated.

Subbed s8n..will get back to you later in the week.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Have you submitted a defence s8n?

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Hi Andy, yes i did.

As previously mentioned i stated i hadnt received a default notice.

Just a moment ago i received a letter from Northampton Bulk Centre.

the letter states:

==========================================

Case Number 2Q######

VARDE INVESTMENTS (Ireland) LI MITED -v- MR S##### #####

I acknowledge receipt of your defence. A copy is being served on the claimant (or the claimants solicitor).

The claimant may contact you direct to attempt to resolve any dispute . If the dispute cannot be resolved

informally, the claimant will inform the court that he wishes to proceed. The court will then inform you of

what will happen.

Where he wishes to proceed, the claimant must contact the court within 28 days after receiving a copy of

your defence. After that period has elapsed, the claim will be stayed. The only action the claimant can then

take will be to apply to a judge for an order lifting the stay.

====================================

Where does this leave me?

Thanks

That's the standard response once a defence is submitted.Its as is states on the tin...stayed or proceeding.

Andy

Hi, thanks for the response. Sorry i am responding slow, been ill again.

So am i right in thinking there are one of three ways this will go:

1. They contact me to settle informally

2. They contact the court to carry on, but then i presume they need to send me a default notice?

3. They chose to not continue further.. leaving me.... ?

Thanks

S8n

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys.

I recieved a letter this morning dated the 05/02/2013.

Please see the images.

MBNAVirginCourt-04-ResponsetoDefence_20130211_zps0bef72d9.jpg

MBNAVirginCourt-05-ResponsetoDefence_20130211_zps8d1b4159.jpg

From what i work out they are outside of the 28 days to respond to the court by 7 days. Yet they have requested the court transfer the case.

Can they do this?

Seen as they are outside the dates can i ask the court to ignore this request and stay the case?

Thanks

They cant request transfer out of CCBC until they have submitted an AQ... have you received an AQ (N149)?

Regards

Andy

They cant request transfer out of CCBC until they have submitted an AQ... have you received an AQ (N149)?

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy.

No, all i have received are those two letters with a copy of credit agreements, with a tick for signature.

A copy of the last credit card statement dated 12/03/2012.

A copy a default notice from 06/02/2012 (Which was never received)

A termination agreement from 13/04/2012 - again never received.

A letter from Varde Creite from 19/05/2012 saying they own the debt.

and a in complete N9a (has the court information complete but nothing else).

Thanks

Oh well lets see if their intentions materialise and await the arrival of the AQ.

Regards

Andy

Oh well lets see if their intentions materialise and await the arrival of the AQ.

Regards

Andy

Isnt waiting risky?

Seen as there letter states: if you do not complete the admission form within the next 14 days further action will be taken without reference?

They cant take any further action s8n...you have submitted your defence...its up to them now to pay the AQ fee the listing fee and submit their AQ.

You need do nothing.

Hi, i think i got the AQ this morning, is it the Allocation questionaire?

It says i have to complete the AQ by 25/02/2013 to the courts.

I think i understand what the AQ is for, but why do i need to complete it when i am not the claimant?

As i am not the claimant do i still need to pay the fee?

Is there a way i can fill it to my benefit? (Baring in mind i am working with the CCCS and to do a lump sum IVA, can i offer the lump sum value to these people saying this is the offer that will come through the CCCS?)

Going back to:

the 28 days, which will have started on 02/01/2013 (i presume its 28 calender days, so until the 30/01/2013).

"Where he wishes to proceed, the claimant must contact the court within 28 days after receiving a copy of

your defence. After that period has elapsed, the claim will be stayed. The only action the claimant can then

take will be to apply to a judge for an order lifting the stay."

Doesnt this mean the claim should automatically stayed because they emailed the court on 05/02/2013?

If so is there any way i can use this to my advantage?

Thanks in advance

Edited by s8n

Both parties complete the AQ this is to allocate the claim to track.You dont pay the fee you are the defendant.

Regards

Andy

Both parties complete the AQ this is to allocate the claim to track.You dont pay the fee you are the defendant.

Regards

Andy

Thanks Andy.

Just for my own knowledge, if the original claim was going through the normal procedure, of a county court claim, why do they now want to use the track method?

All claims are Tracked... normal procedure......Small Claims Track up to 5K Fast Track 5k - 15K Multi Track 15K upwards.

Hi, i think i got the AQ this morning, is it the Allocation questionaire?

It says i have to complete the AQ by 25/02/2013 to the courts.

I think i understand what the AQ is for, but why do i need to complete it when i am not the claimant?

As i am not the claimant do i still need to pay the fee?

Is there a way i can fill it to my benefit? (Baring in mind i am working with the CCCS and to do a lump sum IVA, can i offer the lump sum value to these people saying this is the offer that will come through the CCCS?)

Going back to:

the 28 days, which will have started on 02/01/2013 (i presume its 28 calender days, so until the 30/01/2013).

"Where he wishes to proceed, the claimant must contact the court within 28 days after receiving a copy of

take will be to apply to a judge for an order lifting the stay."

Doesnt this mean the claim should automatically stayed because they emailed the court on 05/02/2013?

If so is there any way i can use this to my advantage?

Thanks in advance

Hi Guys, in response to my above post. Can anyone help? i have until Tomorrow or Saturday at latest to complete this and have it sent to the court for 25/02/2013.

Answered in post #15 & #17.s8n

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy, thanks for your response.

I understand i need to complete the AQ, however i need some assistance re:

1. Is there a way i can fill it to my benefit? (Baring in mind i am working with the CCCS and to do a lump sum IVA, can i offer the lump sum value to these people saying this is the offer that will come through the CCCS?)

2. Doesn't this mean the claim should automatically stayed because they emailed the court on 05/02/2013?

3. If so is there any way i can use this to my advantage?

If non-of these matter then i will just complete it as in the guidance.

Thanks

AQ has no bearing on the defence offered or to any parties benefit it simply assists the the claim to be tracked.

Hi Guys,

This is the QQ recieved from the Claimants solicitor this morning:

ClaimantpAQ_20130222_zps0d3fab2d.jpg[/img]

this is how i have completed my AQ:

A: Tick Yes

B: Tick yes - Please can the case be transferred to: Manchester Civil Justice Centre.

This is the local court to the defendant. Due to ill health and financial problems the defendant can not travel to Northampton.

C: Yes

D: 00

E: No

F: No

G:

1. The Defendant maintains the Claimant had failed to serve a Default Notice pursuant to s.87 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 prior to the documents sent on 05/02/2013 and as a result this whole claim is an abuse of process.

2. The defendant also points out in a letter issued to the defendant by the court on 03/01/2013 the claimant had 28 days to respond to the court after receiving the defence which was submitted on 02/01/2013. This will have been received on 03/01/2013. Thus the Claimant responded to the court after the 28 days had expired, and should be stayed as per the courts letter.

3. The defendant had previously informed the claimant that he was in progress for assistance and a solution to his financial issues with 'Step Change' The debt solutions charity, formerly known as Consumer Credit Counselling Service.

Step change has been working with the defendant to suggest an IVA solution which the defendant has agreed and is currently in progression which also encompasses the claimants claim. The Step Change reference number for the defendant is: W########.

Failure to continue with the Step Change process will result in the defendant coming under further financial pressure, potentially making the IVA solution provided by Step Change fail in entirety.

Also the defendant’s health may be further impacted by the additional pressure of this claim, also having implications on the defendant’s employment.

4. The defendant has also proven through communication with all his other creditors that he is willing and wantonly making an effort to come to an amicable solution, which had he received the correct communication from the claimant he would have maintained.

H: No

I: Signed, Dated and printed the name, Mobile number and email address.

Any assistance is much appreciated as always.

Just tread carefully here s8n they have suggested a strike out on your defence to the court of its own initiative and using case management powers.Normally this would be requested by way of an application attached to the AQ.

I assume (as you have not uploaded page 1 no applications made) this is not the case which would show a feeble attempt to convince the DJ without cost to themselves.

Regards

Andy

Just tread carefully here s8n they have suggested a strike out on your defence to the court of its own initiative and using case management powers.Normally this would be requested by way of an application attached to the AQ.

I assume (as you have not uploaded page 1 no applications made) this is not the case which would show a feeble attempt to convince the DJ without cost to themselves.

Regards

Andy

Hi Andy. I am glad you have pointed this out. I didnt include the other pages in the AQ because it just seemed to be filled out in the standard way, nor was there additional sheets. It was only this section that had any meaningful text.

Do you think my response to the AQ would satisfy any issues or avert a strike out?

I know, contrary to the advice keeping off the phone, i did contact the solicitor. She "seemed" ok enough. I had a discussion with her about being with Step Change. I also mentioned a Lump Sum IVA, which step change have suggested, and that the sum in this case is included in that.

She asked me for Income and expenditure, and a suggested amount, and said the Client is willing to negotiate in the case.

I havent responded via email as yet.

Is that an option you are willing to consider rather than proceed defending?

Andy