enghou

Help! ANPR ticket on private land

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2478 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I visited a friend's flat,

parked in the flat's car park

but got a ticket (£50/£100).

There was a sign which said I should display a parking permit

but as my friend doesn't have a car,

his landlord hadn't given him one.

I didn't stay for long.

I've read some of the other posts but they seem to refer to overstaying the time limit in car parks or lack of signage which don't apply to my case.

Should I contact my friend's landlord?

What should I do?

How nasty do ANPR get?

Thanks - am a bit anxious.

I would write to them and appeal to their better nature I have got away with that before after parking for 5 minutes i swear they employ people who live in these places I cant see how they get there so damn quick! but write explain any circumstances that will make it difficult for you to pay and explain that you parked with homeowners permission and that person should be entitled to a permit if they live there!

Edited by Conniff
Ooops, No editing done, clicked on wrong button.

Don't appeal, there is no such thing as an appeal with private parking companies, it matters not even if it was life or death, it will be turned down.

Just ignore it and the letters that follow, this is a penalty charge so not a legal ticket.

ANPR, these companies must have a prize for whoever can come up with a name that will have the most impact on the public and sounds like they are official just staying on the right side of the law.

Just ignore, don't waste your time appealing.

Twitter - @memgrubb

--

If my post helped - please click the star icon below.

I would write to them and appeal to their better nature

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

This is a PPC. They have no such thing as "better nature" and they don't have an appeals procedure.