Safeloans Court Summons - help needed

pt108271
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I got myself into a bit of a mess with pay day loans and defaulted on them and have attempted to set up payment agreements with the lenders. I am at various stages with them.

Safe loans chose to take me to court despite paying an agreed amount for about a year. They then agreed the same payment against the judgement. However they persisted in writing harassing letters requesting considerably larger payments which I could not afford and were not as the court agreed. I continued to pay the agreed amounts.

Just before Christmas I received a summons to a hearing. I emailed them pointing out that I had been paying as agreed. They however emailed back stating that they were seeking an increase in my payment, but this did just seem like a computer generated letter. The court has only allowed 15 mins for the hearing which I have to travel 70 miles to attend.

What is likely to happen at this hearing? I am paying as agreed following a budget sheet so don't see what they can gain.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Not an expert but I believe they can't have what you haven't got. Prepare an up to date income and expenditure sheet to take with you. If it shows you are paying the maximum you can afford there is little the court will do. If you have a surplus then it should be shared amongst all the creditors, not just one.

The fact you have maintained the agreed payments should be to your advantage and if your circumstances haven't changed then there is no reason why the court should expect you to increase the payments. They may be hoping that you don't turn up to the hearing to defend yourself and get a judgement by default.