HP : Fortis Lease uk Can I request for their claim to be struck out as abuse of Court Process?

hobba
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4086 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dont....... ring them up...see what reaction you get and then confirm in detail by email.Phoning may seem daunting but I will tell you why I advocate it...you catch them unaware and unprepared and usually quite open and amicable to your suggestions.

Suggest in the interest of further costs that you are prepared to settle on the claim by way of a Tomlin Order and what figure would they be prepared to accept to avoid further litigation.Once you have an idea of what they require and subject to whether it is acceptable and you can afford it

either by direct payment or monthly payment plan.Once a figure is agreed then you simply expand on the costs so far whether both of you will stand costs or you will pay theirs so far and then finally that the agreement would be also be subject to them not requesting judgment unless you was to default on any agreement within the Tomlin Order/Consent Order.

Test the water see what response you get...if they are not having any of it then you make that known within your defence..you have tried and they rejected...it will impact on their costs should they proceed and attain judgment.

Time is of the essence though hobba so get ringing now and let me know their response.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried to call .. The solicitor was in a meeting ..so I did not give reason for my call but left my details and confirmed that I will be calling him in the afternoon round 2 pm.

I would just test the water .. I am not having hope on this as they failed to negotiate after set aside but will give it a go .

Also the shortfall should be £5029 and they previously agreed to refund 50 pounds for charges and hence FOS

Not upholding the complaint .

Would it be reasonable to fax to Court and them

My defence tommorow to allow for this attempt?

I will keep you informed.

I tried to call .. The solicitor was in a meeting ..so I did not give reason for my call but left my details and confirmed that I will be calling him in the afternoon round 2 pm. :thumb:

I would just test the water .. I am not having hope on this as they failed to negotiate after set aside but will give it a go . Hence my suggested approach

Also the shortfall should be £5029 and they previously agreed to refund 50 pounds for charges and hence FOS Refer that in your negotiations

Not upholding the complaint .

Would it be reasonable to fax to Court and them

My defence tommorow to allow for this attempt? Yes I shouldn't see a day late would make much difference but keep ringing until you get the Sol

I will keep you informed.

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

While attempting the negotiation as you suggested could you please direct me to

1. sample defense template

2. to agree to write a debt off in a statement and sent to me and also mark agreement settled in credit reference agency back on 28 Nov 2009 while complaints ongoing and agreement written off .... How can they just say these were errors? Surely these should stand as facts in law...please let me know how can these be worded in a defense if needed...

3. how to request for agreement to be declared void and unfair?

There are no defence templates a defence is as unique as your DNA.

The reference " written off " is purely a phrase used when the account is defaulted and transferred to collections...simply wrote off from the live accounts...not the debt to you.

Not seen the agreement hobba please clarify why you think its void and unfair.

Andy

There are no defence templates a defence is as unique as your DNA.

The reference " written off " is purely a phrase used when the account is defaulted and transferred to collections...simply wrote off from the live accounts...not the debt to you.

Not seen the agreement hobba please clarify why you think its void and unfair.

Andy

In the credit file it is marked as settled and not defaulted on 28 November 2009 ... In addition I do not have or seen a letter if assignment to a debt collection agency at any point .

Agreement say amount of credit is 19113 and cash price is 21113 as I paid deposit . It shows amount of credit 3227.80. It does not show how much in total is finance.

Repayment is shown as 373.18 for 60 month which would make me pay 24390 in repayment and not 22390!

It has attached T and C which have unfair t and c

Such as the ones quoted in their WS as it give them power over me and not fair or just

" In addition I do not have or seen a letter if assignment to a debt collection agency at any point ."

That's because its not been assigned.

Ok .. Please advise to all points above..and unfair declaration in the mean time

I spoke to the solicitor and he will seek instruction and get back to me . Roughly said offer should not be higher than 5000 pounds and by monthly payment as I am on financial difficulties as they know.

Please advise with regard to above..

I will probably get CAB to do more negotiations if this is taken forward .

You must get the negotiations in place and agreed without delay...dont forget they could still apply for judgment in the absence of a defence.You don't need the CAB I have advised what route to take and there is nothing further they could add without adding delay.

Andy

Ok ..I am awaiting the sol to comeback to me as

a matter if urgency ..if I do not hear back from him by

close of play today I will draft my defence 2morrow as discussed ..

I will let you know . Please what is the points ref agreement .

Andy

Just heard back ..he is still awaiting instructions from his client and he thinks he may come back to me by Wednesday!

Clearly defence should be filed by tomorrow which is 7 days ..

What do you suggest then .. Put defence and write what happened as to my suggestion ..

Please advise

Just submit your existing defence.... amend it to include attempts to settle ongoing..... that will stop judgment by default and allow time to resume mediation.

Get back on the phone again in the morning.

Regards

Andy

Andy

You mean the defence I submitted before ?

Do I do not say that I accept a shortfall or claim as it is!

Could you just help me with wordings as. I do not want to be seen contradictory in Court.

Yes your existing defence ...just as a safeguard to stop Default Judgment and meet the date.You can add or change anything you think relevant.

You are not asking the court to do anything ...just submitting your defence as directed.There are no applications they were made after the set a side........void ...pointless......waste of application fee.

Andy .. I have prepared a defence which I would file and and serve as a safeguarding measure.

The Claimant solicitor came back to me and his instructions is not to accept my offer of £5000 but they are willing to accept 8000 as a settlement by consent order.

I have not agreed as yet and would be grateful for advise in further negotiation .. He is saying monthly payment would be fine and the claim will then be stayed and not withdrawn .

Can you advise please