UKPC issuing PCN's on OUR PRIVATE BUSINESS LAND without a contract - off to court - UKPC liable for trespass - **SUCCESS**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2839 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

UKPC Ltd is another car parking enforcement company. They issue tickets on a private development in Winchester where we live demanding £100.00 for each alleged breach of parking regulations. Apart from that being an unlawful penalty and unenforceable, they have persisted on putting tickets on our cars on our own land ie not an allocated bay but registered to us at Land Registry. Like dealing with aliens. One ticket was at 4 am at night.

We objected and demanded undertakings not to trespass on our land and not to place tickets on our cars stating clealry it was our land with registered title They persist and have refused to give undertakings and again on the 29th December entered our land and put a notice on our car demanding £100.00. They are very keen on throwing unlawful penalties around for alleged trespass and as it they who are trespassing on our land we have now issued county court proceedings against them claiming damages for trespass and an injunction to prevent further trespass, and costs. Hearing in January 2013. R.L.Davey.

Edited by Conniff

This will be very good to hear, I hope the DJ looks favourably on your case and knocks them off their perch, PPC's are nothing more than fraudulent.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Roger do you have the company registration number for UKPC ltd? Just trying to find their registration as Data Controllers with the ICO

Comp reg : 5104383

Reg Off : The Meridian, 4 Copthall House, Station Square , Coventry CV1 2FL

Harrassment act as well? could be criminal as well as civil case. Wouldnt that be an interesting one.

Reply .

May be good point. Certainly loitering with intent on private land in the middle of the night !

Served proceedings on them and no response to date.

• 1 month later...

Update :

We pressed on with our County Court Claim against UK Parking control Limited

( UKPC ) in the Winchester County Court.

On 21.1.2013 UKPC in an Order by consent gave undertakings to the Court not to enter our land and not to place any Parking Charge Notices on our cars and the Court ordered:

1. Judgment for the Claimants ( ourselves )

2. Damages for trespass in a total of £150.00

3. UKPC to pay our costs in the sum of £ 1280.26 ( now paid )

R.L.Davey

Hi

I've moved your post to a thread of its own & re-titled it, please keep us updated with progress.

PT

Good result.

I can understand the costs, as that's a loss you suffered.

How do the £150 damages for trespass work?

Even though the boot's on the other foot here, isn't "damages for trespass" something the PPC usually tries to claim, and for a similar amount, and I though as they suffered no loss, it's usually said they wouldn't have a chance?

Good result.

I can understand the costs, as that's a loss you suffered.

How do the £150 damages for trespass work?

Even though the boot's on the other foot here, isn't "damages for trespass" something the PPC usually tries to claim, and for a similar amount, and I though as they suffered no loss, it's usually said they wouldn't have a chance?

Damages for trespass do not require proof of loss. Trespass is about insult to your rights over land or goods - or to yourself.

Very well done.

Can I contact the media?

I also think that you should send a copy of the judgment to the DVLA and also as a complaint to the Information Commissioner. Obviously their illegal conduct meant that their access to the DVLA database was unlawful.

You should also complain to the BPA because by acting in this way they will have breached the BPA code of practice. Of course the BPA won't care and won't do anything - other than maybe give UKCPS a medal!! - but you may as well complain anyway sp that we have it down on the record.

i also think that you should send a copy of the judgment to the dvla and also as a complaint to the information commissioner. Obviously their illegal conduct meant that their access to the dvla database was unlawful.

You should also complain to the bpa because by acting in this way they will have breached the bpa code of practice. Of course the bpa won't care and won't do anything - other than maybe give ukcps a medal!! - but you may as well complain anyway sp that we have it down on the record.

u k p c !! :-D