• Tweets

• I've received no response from Lord.   I've also received a letter in the post from the court stating that there will be a hearing on 12th October to set aside this statutory demand.    Why is this going to a hearing? I find it  ridiculous that I have to do so much work to make this malicious order go away.   What is going to happen here? What do I need to do? Is it possible that I can lose this?
    • I posted here in March to see if 25 years, or when I turned 50, was when my SLC student loan (taken out 1997) was written off, and it was confirmed to me then.   However, I did some googling about it and now they say loans from my time are written off after 30 years, as in (I assume) a change in government policy.   Is this true or not? I tried contacting Erudio, but no reply as yet.  
    • The elephant in Housing costs are Council Tax  and leasehold Service Charges.......
    • hi Andy how is that reading now. Can I post this on Mondays or does it have to be there on Monday just got home and my printer is now broken hear date 11/09/21.   In The county court AT XXXXX CLAIM NO: BETWEEN: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Claimant - -and- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Defendant  WITNESS STATEMANT OF XXXXXXXXXX    I.XXXXXXXXX the defendant in this claim make the following statement believing it to be true will state as follows:-   1.It is admitted the defendant entering into a short term Pay Day Loan agreement for the sum of £400.00 plus 4 months interest totalling £600.48 from Moneyboat.co.uk.   2.It is denied that I defaulted on an “agreement”, as the Defendant has made a first payment of £150.13  towards the amount agreed to be repaid which was not been deducted or taken into consideration and the claimant continued to demand the full total amount from the agreement stated in #1. The claimant rejected email correspondence of a formal request for assistance during the ongoing Covid pandemic pursuant to the UK Government Legislation at which time I was placed on Furlough by my Employer and worried that it would be difficult to make a payment due to my financial situation.The claimant offered a confusing payment alternative that did not reflect the true status of my loan. exhibit 1    3. It is denied I failed to abide by the Terms and Conditions of the agreement as at no point did the claimant contact myself to offer assistance to make alternative payments to which I could repay.   4. It is admitted that the claimant was issued a CCA requestasking to supply me with a true copy of the alleged agreement they referred to. This is my right under their obligation to supply a copy of the agreement under the legislation contained within Consumer Credit Act 1974 (s.77 (1) for fixed sum credit) in on the 25/11/2020   Namely to show how I entered into an agreement Show how the claimant quantified the amount claimed   a £1 postal order also attached to the CCA request to which the claimant informed me by email that the £1 postal order was then used as payment towards the loan amount. Exhibit 2   5.The Claimant has not served a Default Notice pursuant to sec87 of the CCA1974.   Need for default notice.   (1)Service of a notice on the debtor or hirer in accordance with section 88 (a “default notice ”) is necessary before the creditor or owner can become entitled, by reason of any breach by the debtor or hirer of a regulated agreement,— (a) to terminate the agreement, or (b) to demand earlier payment of any sum   6. As per Civil Procedure Rule 16.5(4), the Claimant has failed to prove the allegation that the full correct amount of money is owed.   7. My defence stated that the claimant failed to serve notice and it is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief entitled.   I believe that the facts stated in this witness statement are true. I understand that proceedings for contempt of court may be brought against anyone who makes, or causes to be made, a false statement in a document verified by a statement of truth without an honest belief in its truth.   Signed ……………….   Dated on the day ……………….   Thanks G
    • or   if thats from your useless solicitor ignore him. simply contact the sheriffs office yourself!! cost <£100.   Instruct us – The Sheriffs Office WWW.THESHERIFFSOFFICE.COM    
  • Our picks

Complaints about solicitors – Is the SRA fit for purpose?

FitForPurpose

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks, I will try a freedom of information request, then raise it with our MP. Given the current interest of parliament in those bodies who are supposed to self-regulate, eg the press, perhaps there will be an appetite to force the SRA to at least tell you what action they have taken regarding your complaint if nothing else.

SRA might (big might) investigate a solicitor you employed, BUT will not investigate a complaint against Claimants solicitor = they are not fit for purpose!!!

there has been rumours that they have been advised to look into that area - law society just pass the buck, Barristers regulator do not want to know, Ministry of Lies and manipulators (MOJ) ignore as long as cash is coming in so they do not loose their jobs.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

• 2 weeks later...
I am trying to report the dishonest conduct of a solicitor to the SRA but having read their website, have absolutely no confidence they even bother to read the complaints. They may as well say "we file all complaints under B for Bin". I can think of no other professional body which regulates its members where a complainant does not get to find out the outcome of their complaint. To say they only have limited resources is no excuse. I was interested in seeing your figures on the number of complaints which are actually investigated by the SRA - where did you get that information from? I intend to write to my MP about this and would be useful to quote tus information with a source. Thank you for articulating the issue in such a clear way.

You are correct in having no trust in complaints being investigated as the public would expect. I reported a solicitor for what must be blatant dishonesty that could have got significant development gain to his client. Got the usual letter, did not meet their criteria. We the public do not trust solicitors and demand a genuine independent body to protect us.

If you instructed the solicitor they should look into complaint, BUT if the solicitor in question was representing the claimant etc then they will tell you they do not look into the complaint as the solicitor was not representing you! Their words on more than one occasion .

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

If you instructed the solicitor they should look into complaint, BUT if the solicitor in question was representing the claimant etc then they will tell you they do not look into the complaint as the solicitor was not representing you! Their words on more than one occasion .

For whatever reason my opponents solicitor offered to act for both sides in an independent manner. It will not come as a surprise that the solicitor in question only agreed to his clients agenda and blatantly so beyond any doubt. So the SRA most decidedly should have investigated as the behavior was in the realms of obtaining a financial advantage by deception.