Complaints about solicitors – Is the SRA fit for purpose?

FitForPurpose
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks, I will try a freedom of information request, then raise it with our MP. Given the current interest of parliament in those bodies who are supposed to self-regulate, eg the press, perhaps there will be an appetite to force the SRA to at least tell you what action they have taken regarding your complaint if nothing else.

SRA might (big might) investigate a solicitor you employed, BUT will not investigate a complaint against Claimants solicitor = they are not fit for purpose!!!

there has been rumours that they have been advised to look into that area - law society just pass the buck, Barristers regulator do not want to know, Ministry of Lies and manipulators (MOJ) ignore as long as cash is coming in so they do not loose their jobs.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

• 2 weeks later...
I am trying to report the dishonest conduct of a solicitor to the SRA but having read their website, have absolutely no confidence they even bother to read the complaints. They may as well say "we file all complaints under B for Bin". I can think of no other professional body which regulates its members where a complainant does not get to find out the outcome of their complaint. To say they only have limited resources is no excuse. I was interested in seeing your figures on the number of complaints which are actually investigated by the SRA - where did you get that information from? I intend to write to my MP about this and would be useful to quote tus information with a source. Thank you for articulating the issue in such a clear way.

You are correct in having no trust in complaints being investigated as the public would expect. I reported a solicitor for what must be blatant dishonesty that could have got significant development gain to his client. Got the usual letter, did not meet their criteria. We the public do not trust solicitors and demand a genuine independent body to protect us.

If you instructed the solicitor they should look into complaint, BUT if the solicitor in question was representing the claimant etc then they will tell you they do not look into the complaint as the solicitor was not representing you! Their words on more than one occasion .

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

If you instructed the solicitor they should look into complaint, BUT if the solicitor in question was representing the claimant etc then they will tell you they do not look into the complaint as the solicitor was not representing you! Their words on more than one occasion .

For whatever reason my opponents solicitor offered to act for both sides in an independent manner. It will not come as a surprise that the solicitor in question only agreed to his clients agenda and blatantly so beyond any doubt. So the SRA most decidedly should have investigated as the behavior was in the realms of obtaining a financial advantage by deception.