style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We'd like a picture of the meter please

A letter to your MP would also be a good idea - not least because it would help to stir it up even more.

By the way, where are the Npower customer reps? They don't even seem to have looked in on this thread. A wast of space. Rather the same attitude as their company

I think they haven't been around for some time. If NPower's customer service standard is rubbish, then they figure it wouldn't serve any purpose trying to resolve some customer complaints against the huge number of complaints.

They are too big to fail. They get churn, customers who migrate to them.

A letter to your MP would also be a good idea - not least because it would help to stir it up even more.

By the way, where are the Npower customer reps? They don't even seem to have looked in on this thread. A wast of space. Rather the same attitude as their company

Too big to care

Hi

Tried letter to MP last year

- he said he could not get involved if it was going to Court??

but he was sorry to hear of my plight?

He used to be the energy minister before he was booted out of the cabinet.

Went to the Magistrates Court today

it was quite stressful but the guy was quite friendly.

Told me that N Power were "not very nice"

told me about some poor family that cannot read their meter as it is placed too high,

are on benefits and N Power are demanding they pay £200 per month?

It was well worth going as he said that if I (or my mate The Occupier) had been on the list

and I said it was in dispute then the Magistrate gets quite tetchy and throws it out

and said anytime there is a dispute don't bring it before me.

It has been a long day.

Had to wait ages and ages.

Then my car broke down on the way home, aghh, it never rains but it pours!!!!

Thank you to everyone for the support, it is really, really appreciated.

PC

So has the Warrant been thrown out ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi,

Luckily although Richburns had sent two threatening letters with the hearing date on N Power must have cancelled it at the last moment as they had no paperwork to support any warrant. The agent from Richburns was the one who told me that any time there has been an Account in Dispute the Magistrate throws it out and says "Don't put these before me, get it sorted!" He also said it is always worth going as you never know whether or not they have got their act together to put a stop on these things in time.

PC

My experience of the energy ombudsman is that they are a complete waste of time. I wrote to them several times and provided tons of evidence in the form of copies of correspondence etc. The Information Commissioner appears equally useless. All the authorities were useless. Court gets results albeit it can take a while to get there. Worth it though.

My experience of the energy ombudsman is that they are a complete waste of time. I wrote to them several times and provided tons of evidence in the form of copies of correspondence etc. The Information Commissioner appears equally useless. All the authorities were useless. Court gets results albeit it can take a while to get there. Worth it though.

I agree completely with this. The so-called regulatory authorities is effectively simply another channel which helps to dissipate anger and dilute challenges. County court action is the only way.

Hi,

I wrote to Npowers Executive Complaints Team just requesting that they answered some questions that I have never had the answer to. I sent a copy to Paul Massara. I received a reply, not from the Executive Complaints Team but from the paralegal (Legal department) not answering the questions but a rather rude letter. I replied saying that I have every right to request answers to questions with regard to my account or rather accounts and, anyway, the letter was addressed to the Executive Complaints Team not you. He came straight back with:-

"… You can explain to the Court your version of the facts, which you have done previously yet are misguided enough to see the dismissal of your claim as nothing more than an inconvenience. It is perhaps for you to realise your position and seek independent legal advice.‬

‪Yours sincerely‬‬

‪ ‬‬

‪Kenneth Radley-Davies‬‬

I think the expression is "up your own ……… Mr Radley-Davies"

I will send the same letter again to The Executive Complaints Team tomorrow by snail mail with another copy to Mr Paul Massara. I wonder if they will just forward it to my favourite person at Npower?? I would like a reply to my questions? Is he too afraid to answer them or doesn't he know or should I say care? I purposefully stated that I did not need them to investigate (as they said they would not investigate anything to do with my account or accounts) but just reply to my questions.

PC:?:

Please would you let us now the date of your request and also what the questions were.

Hi, Npower have never ever answered these, among other questions - but I thought I won't make it to complicated for them. I sent a copy to the CEO, it was addressed to the Executive Complaints Team -

Sent the questions on the 19th November, the questions were:

Question One: Why, when the meter was new in December 2008 with a reading of 00000.0 (A meter provided by Npower) with a first quarterly reading of 01229.0 acceptable to Npower as a correct reading (this being a fairly normal winter bill, if a bit high for us but it was an estimate using the usage from a faulty prepayment meter). Npower changed us to a credit meter on 3rd December 2008. Why all of a sudden Npower are trying to say that the meter would have read 12290 for a quarter that is TWELVE THOUSAND TWO HUNDRED AND NINETY kWh in three months? That would equate to approximately FORTY-NINE THOUSAND UNITS A YEAR? Over 6 years my meter read would read 294960 by now? (it does not it reads 09062.0)

(Npower misled the ombudsman by indicating that I was a new customer in 2011 with a starting read of 39431 the ombudsman letter says that Npower were unaware of the type of meter?)

Question Two: What is the reason for closing the old account when in July, 2011 we were told over the phone that Npower would stop the transfer to Scottish Power and our account would carry on as it was? (received a letter 2nd September 2011 having trouble closing your account???)

Question 3: In your letter to the ombudsman Npower accuse Scottish Power of giving a wrong four digit read for my meter – if this read is the read of 03759.0 it is correct as Npower’s customer services said it fell in line with all previous reads. Why did Npower use a read that did not fall in line with any previous reads?

Question 4: Why did Npower manually change all previous reads to fall in line with a longer read of 39431 – it does not make any sense at all. (both reads were Actual Reads taken on the same date 25/08/11) Please send details of where this read of 39431 came from?

Crazy - it is so frustrating that they cannot do simple maths going from that first read, what planet are they on to think that a domestic home could rack up twelve thousand units in three months - average for a family home with gas central heating and gas cooking is approx 3,300 per YEAR??

I feel like crawling into a hole, I tried not to let that horrid man upset me but after three years it is very difficult? Thank you again guys for being such a support. xx

Sent them a hard copy today.

PC

• 3 months later...

plucked chick, I don't suppose you have any update on this do you please?

Particularly would be interested to know if you had any further contact with this Kenneth Radley-Davies character.

Thank you.