LIDL car park and dispute with parking attendant.....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4123 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On 22nd December I parked in a LIDL car park which allows free parking for 90 minutes.

I went into the store and spent about £60 and came out after about 15 minutes and loaded the items into my car

and knowing that I had approx 30 minutes of free parking left started to walk out of the car park with the intention of visiting a store approx 50 yards ago.

A parking attendant was standing at the exit area and advised me that 3 days earlier the parking company had introduced NEW rules that mean that a vehicle owner cannot leave

"THE PREMISES" whilst his car is parked and that if I left the car park I would be issued with a ticket for £100

Was he right??

What was funny is that I started "arguing" with the attendant and within seconds, at least a dozen people had crowded around me as they too had been told that they would receive a ticket if they left the "premises". An interesting point was that I mentioned to the attendant that by going into the LIDL store I was effectively leaving "the premises". He had no answer......

Sorry, I should have made it clear.

The attendant directed me to the wording on the Car Park notice where it stated that the person parking in the car park would not leave the premises whilst the car was parked. I had parked in this particular car park before and had not noticed this wording. I was told that the car park notices had been changed 3 days earlier.

Did you carry on to the other shop?

Incidentally I wish I'd been there! :wink:

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

bet he wanted paying that £100 in cash too!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Letter being sent.

Care to share although I can understand if you prefer to leave until things have moved on a bit.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.