lamorna carpark - searchlight 'speculative invoice'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

im new on here but got stung by the big ape with no uniform at lamorna carpark earlirer this year

it was a rubbish day and we stopped to change the babies nappie and got done

my wife changed him on the driver seat so i had to get out

she then strated to feed him in the passenger seat and thats when the ape came over and started taking pics without muttering a word .. NOT HAPPY

i have had all the usual letters but had the one from the debt recovery agency on saturday which worried me so i came back on herer and felt a bit better

i see all the advice but its just nice to have it confirmed

im not going to pay as it was certainly a non justified ticket

hopefully no court appearance etc etc

thanks for all the advice so far

kerns

own thread created

ignore

do some reading here in this forum

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

HI

thanks guys and i even get my own thread

thanks for all the good advice

the missus is bricking it a bit but i said we come this far so got to carry on

how much longer do we have to suffer these bully boy letters

many thanks

kerns

Tell your missus not to worry about the begging letters as this is just routine junk mail, the collection agent could not take you to court in any case as they do not have sufficient interest in the property. If in doubt read Vehicle Control Services V Ibbotson and then enjoy ignoring.

The car park and the debt collection company are owned by the same person so I would send the Lamorna Cafe a cheque for the cost of parking there for half an hour and have done with it. If they still persist, tell them you have offered to satisfy the debt and they have refused the payment and have no right to claim otherwise.

I would't bother. People have tried that before ( just sending the parking fee) but it's always been turned down. Instead the parking company demands the full "parking charge notice" amount , even though it bears no relation to the actual loss that's been suffered. That amounts to an illegal penalty. That's why we say just ignore.

The choice is yours.

You "could" send them the cost of half hours parking if you wanted.

You "could" also ignore them.

Have a read arround this forum, get the hang of what a Private Parking Invoice involves, and then make your own mind up as to the way forward.

For what it is worth my advice is to Ignore and let them waste their time and money!

hello all:-)

Reason I said about paying the Lamorna Cafe the PARKING FEE is because this is 1 of 2 places in this country where the people claiming the debt actually own the land they charge for as a car park and run a (separate) debt collection company. Therefore, they can enforce the debt for parking there but not the "fine" for failing to pay. If they refuse to accept your cheque for £1 or whatever it was then they cannot claim for monies that were not due at the time as it is in breach of the Magna Carta, and thus common law (see most other threads for more detail).

oh god you're not a FOTL are you?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

These people from Lamorna cove are legendary. The cafe is apparently so bad, that they have resorted to going nuts by issuing all these penalties for car parking. I have read that the locals are really embarrassed and advise their friends/relatives not to go anywhere near the cafe.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?313100-Private-Parking-Ticket-Lamorna-Cove-Cornwall

http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/Changes-car-park-Watchdog-complaints/story-12739261-detail/story.html

I don't think I would pay them a penny or even bother responding.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

oh god you're not a FOTL are you?

dx

No, I have read the MC and the BoR and the peopel who claim to be Freemen are unlikely to ever qualify as such. To qualify you have to be a householder and either a Knight or Bowman. With general emancipation the nutters claim we can all be freemen but how many of them swore allegiance to the 25 barons in the first place?

No the MC states that you cannot be fined without conviction which is why these charges are not fines. Judges have decided that council parking fines are allowable as fixed punishment for breach of contract Just stating where it all comes from and why it may be prudent in this case to pay the £1 retrospectively because the geezer actually owns the land so can enforce the original charge but not the penalty.

just had another letter thats even more threatening .... ccj's etc .... i laughed at this as i would have to go to court AND lose AND not then pay to get one .....

i bet i get taken to court and done as the one person they want to make an example of .... just my luck

i got some info i can use against the ape that gave us the ticket though that cant be ignored :-x

If it gets to court you will be obliged to pay the court fees and some other expenses but not the stupid amounts claimed by these companies, which is the entire point of resisting them. As I said, send a cheque to the Lamorna Cafe for the parking fee and if it is returned or not banked no-one can force you to pay more and it is illegal to try.