Bank account where you can put funds in same day to cover dd's?

jboyd83
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I've been advised that I need to get a whole new bank account to prevent my money being taken by PDLs. Does anyone know of an account/ bank that allows you to deposit funds the same day to cover dd's etc? I'm currently with natwest who will allow you until 2pm to get the money in to cover a payment going out that same day, therefore preventing charges when I've forgot to put money in or miscalculated my available funds?

Of course - you are entitled to cancel your payments to PDLs or anyone else. The banks don't like it but they are obliged to obey your instructions.

Do it all in writing. Never on the phone

Well I'm still a bit muddled on whether I actually have to close my account?.....

The only creditor that can take money is the PDL....was told to put a letter in to stop all CPAs......then I thought well should I just close the account and open a new one with same bank, therefore completely preventing PDL taking anything......apparantly they can still 'offset' the debt and take money from the new account as it's with same bank.

What is the point having the ability to stop all CPAs if advised I should close my account......should I put letter into stop CPAs or should I close the account???? I'm totally confused what they can and can't do......and would like to keep an account with natwest if at all possible without the PDL being able to take money.

All you need to do is inform your bank that all payments to the PDL are to be stopped, they may argue that they cannot do so, refer them to the Complaince Department who should know that a written instruction to cease a CPA is a legal requirement.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks to all who have taken the time to reply to my many separate threads including this one, I have done this to try and get questions answered without peeing people off by bombarding them with a multitude of problems. I am sorry if I have made matters more confusing :???:

Brigadier - so I don't have to close ANY accounts really then....once I've got that CPA letter stamped and signed off natwest then the PDL can't do jack...am I reading things correctly now? :)

This will save me a lot of grief getting an account elsewhere.....

Woooo....that's an easier task than sorting out a new account elsewhere cos when I know I'm right I stick to my guns....hopefully wont get any trouble but will be prepared with my Geordie grit and a whingey 1 year old in tow.....mwuh-hahahahah....head rot tactics.