John Henry

Interim Payment of Claimants cost order

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2483 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I recently attended the High Court as a defendant,

in a civil case concerning a restraining order which was taken out against me nearly a year ago, ,

I was innocent of the companies claims of intimidation etc.

but lost the case as I had no money and had to represent myself as (Litigant in person)

was up against a legal team of two solicitors, and a barrister.

the outcome was not as bad as I had expected,

and several critiscisms of the claimants behaviour were made by the judge,

but the restraining order was kept in place for a further six months,

and the were awarded 50% of their legal costs,

which we do not know what they amount to yet,

but they were also awarded an "Interim payment"

which has apparently,

to be paid within 14 days. and which I do not have.

My questions are:

1. What are the implications of non payment?

2. How do I challenge their final legal costs? as I can imagine that they will pile them on, as, their sole objectives are my financial ruin and subsequent demise.

I have only a couple of days left in which to make this payment, your advice would be much appreciated.

John Henry.

Its the claimants responsibility to inform you of their costs and make request.If you disagree with their final costs then simply state that in writing with your points of dispute.

Have they been awarded fixed costs or assessed costs?

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Andy, I believe the costs are to be assessed, but I would like to know if there is an appeal process relating to legal costs, and who makes the final decision?

First question ...have they been awarded an Interim Costs Order? Their normal costs will be decided at the end of the trial and again that is subject to their conduct throughout the trial.As already stated if you do not agree with their costs you will be allowed to submit points of dispute until a figure is agreed that is acceptable to both parties.

Have you been served with the N252?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

hi Andy, yes! they have been awarded an interim costs payment,with the remainder to be determined and paid at a later date.

What is a N252?