Aktiv Kapital Constant Calls - lots of debts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3942 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have credit card debt that has been passed to Aktiv Kapital, I haven't spoke to these people, but the are calling me constantly from 8am -9pm about 20 times a day.

Is there a letter I can send to request that these calls stop & I will communicate in writing only ?

Also I'm trying to sort out my debts, the charges on my credit cards must be quite huge, can I reclaim them even though I'm in debt with the credit card company's ?

I owe around £17,000 on various cards,

capital one,

virgin (MBNA) &

Nationwide,

I really would like to get this all sorted out.

I also have 2 debts on catalogues.

I fell into debt because I lost my job, & then my husband fell ill & was self employed so he didn't work for quite sometime, I stupidly buried my head.

Your advice would be so helpful

Thank you

Edited by citizenB

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the telephone calls there is this one:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?493-Harassment-by-telephone-response-letter

and should they threaten a doorstep visit there is also this one:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?410-LETTER-USED-WHEN-A-DCA-THREATENS-A-DOORSTEP-VISIT

One of the site team will see this and help you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Can you let us know a little more about the debts so we can advise better.

When did you enter into the agreements - when did you default on them ?

Do you know if there is any Payment Protection Insurance on any of the CC accounts - if this has been mis sold then you can reclaim it back.

Are there any default/late payment charges added to the CC accounts ? - You can reclaim these in order to reduce any outstanding balances.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You MUST make a formal complaint to the OFT&TS regarding the criminal offence of harassment they are committing,

also a complaint to Ofcom for the misuse of the communication network.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

You MUST make a formal complaint to the OFT&TS regarding the criminal offence of harassment they are committing,

also a complaint to Ofcom for the misuse of the communication network.

Have you actually answered one of the calls and stated you do not wish to be called?

Otherwise they would probably argue they are entitled to call until you’re at home and they make contact.

Technically the harassment begins if they keep calling you after initial contact and when told not to call. They won’t stop till you tell ’em!

Hi, thank you for all your advice,

2 of the credit cards haven't got ppi, I'm not sure about capital one,,

I have numerous defaults & late payment charges on all of them.

Could you post a link for a template to send to claim the charges?

Also shall I send direct to the credit card companies?

I also have defaults & late payment charges on 2 catalogues that are now with Phillips Cohen.

I have had a doorstep visit from iqor & then numerous txts.

All help will be greatly appreciated?

Thank you

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?605-Credit-Store-Card-Letter-Template

And this is the spread sheet you need

[ATTACH]40284[/ATTACH]

BCOBS

Hi, sorry I haven't replied, I have had the dreaded flu.

I have noted all the calls & times from Aktiv & they can be as many as 8-10 a day.

Also i am now receiving numerous calls a day from moorcroft.

My other question is & sorry to sound thick, when is an account statue Barred? Because I have some older debts from around 2003 -2006 is it from when a default was entered and no payment made?

It is 6 years from when you last made a payment (5 years in Scotland). If it was me in your position then I would send this letter recorded delivery - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?408-Letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred

Write down the times and dates they call you, and if they continue to harrass you then let us know...

SB is from the cause of action ie, when you failed to make a payment and as long as you have not made a payment OR acknowledged the debt IN WRITING for a period of six years (5 in Scotland) then it will be SB.

Have you told these clowns to stop ringing you?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi thank you for your replies,

As I haven't been well, I couldn't send any letters, but I fully intend to send them off today.

Also I need to send a SAR as there will be numerous default/late charges, do I send the SAR direct to the credit card company or to the likes of Aktiv & Moorcroft?

My other question & sorry for so many, I also have a couple of catalogue debts that have been bought by other DCAs do I also send a SAR to those as well ?

Thank you

Have to re-emphasise this – there’s probably no issue of harassment if you haven’t actually told them to stop calling.

Which is exactly why I have posed the question.

You send the Subject Access Request to the Original Creditor.

BCOBS

if your CRA file is clean

then safe to ignore everyone.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have told them to stop calling.

Good, have you done this in writing?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?493-Harassment-by-telephone-response-letter

Keep a log of all the calls, make a formal complaint to Ofcom, and if the persist, then take a trip to your local Police station with your diary of events showing the calls, and file a complaint against them for the criminal offence of harassment, if they try to fob you off with 'it's a civil matter' then demand to speak to the duty inspector as it IS a criminal offence.