• Tweets

• I wonder if anyone can help me. I had a loan with a high street bank from about 10 years ago and I had to stop paying because I lost my job. I reduced my payment to a token payment for a few years but I then ceased this some years ago because I took some advice from an online forum which said that I should ask a ‘Subject Access Report’. I did this and I also asked for a copy of the contract with both signatures which highlighted that myself and the bank had a contract and what its terms were. As the loan was made up of an overdraft and a formal loan I thought they would have paperwork. However, eventually the bank responded by saying that they had no contract and they admitted that as such it was not enforceable in court. Over the last year, the bank have again appointed Moorcroft Debt Recovery Limited to use their strongarm tactics. I have not been responding to the last couple of letters asking me to contact them to arrange a payment plan and now their letters are becoming more threatening. Here is the text of their latest letter……. Quote   We are aware that you have failed to agree an affordable repayment plan with us concerning the above account.   As no agreement has been reached we are now in the process of reviewing your account to consider the steps which may be taken in relation to further debt recovery action. The options include recommending one of the following:   ·         1. Continue in our attempts to contact you by letter and phone. ·         2. Instruct a local representative to arrange to call at your home address to try to re-establish contact with you.   To prevent possible further action you must contact us. Failure to contact us by the 22/10/19 will result in one of the aforementioned debt recovery actions being undertaken without further notice.  Unquote As you can see, they are now getting more threatening. I really do not want people knocking at my door – does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to sort this situation? I do not want to pay for something that seems unenforceable but I do not want knocks at my door either. Any help would be appreciated.   Kind regards    
    • Yes it was a tomlin/consent order I have a recent statement its not showing any additional charges on it. The statement does not show the balance to pay each month, as the contract was terminated in March 17 and the termination bill was added to the account so my payments reduce the account balance £14262.38  Capital £6995.00 Interest £7213.38 Plus 3 x £18 charges  I presume if it went to court again I would be notified?    I thought court costs and charges could increase a balance owing but not be included in arrears or court proceedings when listing the amount owing, or am I wrong?    
    • Check to see if they are adding monthly charges inflating arrears as per DX.
    • .So I’ve been at the flat for a number of years , you had to be a certain age back then, now all ages and couples with young babies get put here , first floor , no garden not a good area not so bad either .   ive just had a letter to say I’ve been taken off the list to transfer to a more appropriate home ,  no notice just taken off, council are saying my age group no longer qualify.. I spoke to equality and human rights council they suggested I complain siting The Public Sector Equality Act 2010. ( The General Duty and Specific Duty)  relating to age discrimination.      But I’ve also come across this in LAW Quarterly online Mag.    LHA’s allocation scheme suspending applicant’s ability to bid (R (Alemi) v Westminster City Council) The High Court has held that Westminster City Council’s allocation scheme suspending certain applicants from bidding for social housing for 12 months breached section 166A(3) of the HA 1996 (setting out which groups of people should be given reasonable preference when allocating housing).   Interesting i thought?               
    • so you've had a notice of assignment then?   if so that's rare for nasty west to sell it on they typically litigate themselves so I bet the debt is vastly inflated with penalty charges and the interest they attract.   i'd be sending NW an sar get all the statements. then go thru them with a fine toothed comb.   could be £1000's to reclaim....   pers i'd stop paying   what was the original debt amount and what is outstanding now a bit more info on the history please   dx    
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2415 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Just looking for some advice on this issue so i know what steps to take to get it removed, I got into trouble when i was a lot younger which resulted in my mum making me take out an administration order from the courts. It was made up from 3 creditors,

1. The benefits place for around £700

2. a catalogue for around £300

3. another catalogue for around £200.

I was 18 at the time, still in college and didnt really have any money to pay catalogues back, The benefits thing was that during a period of not working i claimed jsa, but my mum was still claiming child benefit which we both didnt know about each others circumstances.

The thing is i paid what i was told till i was around 19 then lost my job so stopped, the courts never bothered writing to me, but the benefit office did and ive been paying back the £700 ever since in silly little amounts. we're talking 12 years on so its hardly been noticable.

Today though i just thought id check my credit file for something to do and the admin order has appeared back on there. Does anyone know how long it takes to stay on your account. It came off there around 2005 so im really surprised to see it back on there now, nearly 7 years later???? Obviously upset as well as i thought this was all behind me. The amount i actually paid to the courts would have easily covered the catalogue debts, and the benefits thing is now paid so surely this should all be the end of it?

Hi welcome to CAG,

Which credit reference agency did you use?

Does this entry show who placed it?

Have you paid this constantly over this time span.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi, I used Experian today, previously been checking on equifax only and its not and still isnt showing up on equifax only experian for some reason.

It says the court name and under information source states it was from court registry Ltd.

As i said i paid back some within 2 years id say approx £300, then i lost my job so had to claim jobseekers allowance for a few months, while on this though the benefits agency said it would be stopped if i didnt pay back what i already owed so i had to pay back small amounts to cover this, i've paid these amounts ever since and have approx £100 ;eft to pay on the benefits debt. I could pay this in full now but have continued to pay in instalments as it seemed easier.

There must be £100 or so left on the original catalogues debt but i bet the admin order says for the full amount including the benefits amount too.

Really hope this makes sense as im confusing myself but i appreciate all help as im completely stuck.

Sorry i should have made it clearer, the admin order was taken out when i was 18, im now 32 so thats really the reason im worried as I thought it came off my file after 6 years or from when settled. 14 years on its now reappeared again and im concerned as to why?

1. Place a notice of dispute on the Experian Entry.

2. Write to the Data Controller at Experian requiring a full explanation of the reappearance of this Amin Order.

3. Contact the named court and find out why this has been reported again after so long.

This should not be showing now!!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Thats what i was hoping to hear! Thanks so much for your help

god thats unfair

as i bet the cat debts were penalty charges too

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Yep! about £120 actual debts the rest were court and solicitor costs. Would of been fine if id of had a job, just paid it off but i was "advised" to get an admin order to stop bailiffs harassing me.

Worst thing i ever did was listen to that advice as its still haunting me now!

12yrs! paying an £1k ish admin order

somethings is not right here...

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Ive just found the paperwork for this,

benefits agency £779

the rest was split between

freemans catalogue and

Look Again,

total amount £1148.

started 28th feb 1998.

After counting the receipts looks like the total i paid the courts was £280 over a period of 2 years.

Then thats when i lost my job and returned to uni so had no money.

After a few years the benefits agency contacted me to start me paying it back.

I ignored that but when i left uni and came to claim jobseekers they stopped my money until i had agreed to repay the amount through them.

Im writing my letter to the courts and experian now though,

sooner i start sooner it gets cleared up and taken off my account.

Id just spent years getting it near perfect and this comes along!

This can be challenged as unfair due to the time span, it is unfair compared to the status od a person with a defaulted accountv who has paid nothing but has an entry removed paid or not.

MY guess is the DWP made this updated entry, get me as much data as possible and I will write a challenge for you.

That would be great, i really appreciate all your help. what else would you need to know?

As much as you can tell me, if there is any thing you do not want on the open forum, please pm me.

Hi Vix Can't find a pm with the extra data on file at all, can you send it again please, then I''ll do the letter then.

Ok.

Let's start with the Liverpool County Court.

Address the letter to the Court Manager.

Ref: Administration Order - AO/11/00

Look again Catalouge agency No. XM876052 CCJ Aug. 1998

Job seekers allowance (central recovery group) ref: 042423ANJ Jan 1999 case No. LV000356

Freemans Catalogue Case No. X1003515

Dear sir or madam,

I refer to the above mention admisitration order date 28th February xxxxx order to pay £20.00 pcm, this order was removed from my credit reference files approximately xx years ago, I have recently check my credit files only to find that the Admisitration Order has been reinstated on my credit records 14 years after the original order was made.

I believe that the debts included in this order have long since been paid and would like an explanation as to why the order has been reinstated and by whom.

After 14 years this matter is now causing me extreme difficulties in relation to obtaining credit facilities with consequent embarassment.

It would seem manifestly unfair that this is being reported at this late date where as a debtor who has made no effort to repay a debt has the entry removed from credit files after 6 years.

I am preparing a report to the Information Commissioners Office regarding this matter and would welcome assistance in

removing the Administration Order from credit files for example who is responsible for reviving this after 14 years.

send that to the court recorded delivery and to the Salford DWP office addressed to the Manager Central Recovery.

Once they are away we'll tackle a report to the ICO.

Brig.

Thanks for all your help, Ill get that posted out tomorrow.

Vic

Thanks for all your help, Ill get that posted out tomorrow.

Vic

Let's hope we can get some answers, let me know if I can help further!!

Can i just check something, Ive just logged onto experian just to check again and noticed the case number is completely different?

Could someone have filled out these forms on my behalf or would the case number of changed over time. I've not had any documentation whatsoever from any company or the courts and have lived at this address quite some time now. Starting to get worried that someone has used my info somehow?

No the case No. Should not change, this gets stranger!!

I suggest putting a dispute on the CRA enrty tomorrow for a start.

Is it the DWP case number that has change or the AO number?

Its the case number from the court, dated from may this year. This is getting weird now, but am really worried, Can someone just fill out these court forms for me without my knowledge?

Let's see what the letters court and DWP bring forward,I think someone probably the DWP has fouled up so don't worry we''ll get it sorted.

Long time no speak..... well let me start by saying i've sent at least 4 letters since i last posted, not to mention the numerous phone calles while waiting on hold for hours on end.

Today though i have recieved a letter explaining that due to an administration error this was somehow placed back onto my credit file. They have admitted it was their mistake and have sent a letter to the registry trust asking for it to be removed, so hopefully that should be taken from my account with the next 2-3 weeks (although i expect it will take longer!)

But just wanted to say thanks for helping me get this sorted, i had no idea where to start so you really saved me! Thank you!

Good Result!!!!