help me re repossesion for my house

matrix86
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I was recommended to this site by a friend. My mortgage company are taking me to court because I have arrears of £ 8025.85. The Court date is 21/01/13. Arrears built up because I am a single parent , paying nearly £700 per month nursery fees which ended when my child began school this September. I am now in position to start paying off my arrears . My friend told me that she thinks that there is form I could send the court to postphone the court hearing. Can anyone help me with advice?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Hi, have you been in contact with the mortgage company ?

You can't postpone the hearing (only the lender can do that), but you can enter a defence stating that you are able to make payments towards the arrears in addition to the normal monthly payments - we can help you with that. It's vital that you attend the hearing which is not a scary as you might imaging, it's held around a table like a meeting,

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi ,

I have been in contact with the moprtgage company they have requsted I fill in an expenditure form before the court date. I am waiting for this form.

It's been mentioned to me by a friend that form N244 could be used to give me time to put forward my defence and to pay towards the arrears. Is this correct anyone?

An N244 is a request for a hearing, so no, it's not appropriate at this stage. You need to fill in the N11M defence form you should have received with the court papers. Question 27 is the important part - we can help you with the statement for that part.

I have affixed the income and expenditure sheet we normally use in these cases (it calculates automatically as you fill it in). I suggest you complete it asap and then let us know how much you can afford to pay towards the arrears each month in addition to the normal monthly payment. We can then draft a letter to the lender explaining your situation and offer and enclosing the sheet. This will help your case with the judge as he/she will see that you have tried to come to an arrangement.

In order to advise you further I need to know the following:

Is the mortgage only in your name?

How long is left on the mortgage?

When did you last make a payment ?

Budget Sheet.xls

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

On the budget sheet, how much is left over in Box C ? i.e. how much is left to pay towards the arrears (Step 4)

I'll have approximately £800 left.

Are you sure you have accounted for everything?

I'm afraid I won't be available tomorrow evening but should have some time on Tuesday.

If there is going to be another person living in your home have you accounted for the increase in electricity/gas costs?

Also, are you claiming single person council tax reduction? if so you will have to inform the council that you have someone else living there and you will then be liable for full council tax payment.

Is is possible for you to email the budet sheet to me?

[email protected] (there is no space in the co.uk, the site just shows it like that for some reason)

If there is going to be another person living in your home have you accounted for the increase in electricity/gas costs?

Also, are you claiming single person council tax reduction? if so you will have to inform the council that you have someone else living there and you will then be liable for full council tax payment.

[email protected] (there is no space in the co.uk, the site just shows it like that for some reason)

Yes I'll do it now.

I'll send it now.