Tesco moneyback on faulty Samsung laptop

ConsumerPleb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a Samsung laptop from Tesco's for £575 which went faulty and bought a new power supply to fix it costing me £25 and within a few months broke down again

I contacted Samsung and got them to admit via email they would expect the Laptop to have a reasonable lifespan of 5-6 years. Based on Samsungs response I contacted Tesco's telling them I want 2/3rd of my cost re-imbursed as the lasptop had only lasted third of its time ie £400 back taking into account the £25 ive spent on a power supply

Tesco initially offered me £179 and then increased it £225. I said I would settle for £300 but they won't increase the offer saying they have used industry standard calculations to arrive at this figure

Should I just take the money or take them to small claims court ? Would I have a good chance of winning if I claimed for £400 ?

so how old was the lappy when it went faulty?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

what exactly is the problem, have you had it checked out by a repair shop? how old is it.

how much to fix? if you can get it repaired for under the £225 IMO take it.

also you can get great deals on laptops at the mo. less hassle than court for just £75!!!

I got £275 back from them on a TV that cost £599 after 2.5 years, but only cost £75 to repair.

• Confused 1

The laptop was just over 2 years ie 25-26 months when it first developed the problem

I bought it for £575 then bought another power supply for £25 at around 26 months to fix it and it lasted for about 3 months before it broke down again

I told them that I would accept £300 as a compromise to which they said no I then said if they were willing to provide a new power supply with the compensation I would accept that to which they have said no.

I haven't had it checked for repair but I've been reading forums on the web and I can see other people have also have had issues with Samsung's power supplies. I've replaced it once and I belive if I get it fixed I think its only a matter of time before it will break down again. I can't see it lasting me too long as I believe there is a design fault in the product and the replacement parts seem to have it as well