kris316

URGENT PLEASE HELP - work dispute threatening dissmisal

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2488 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I had asked for the days i would be expected to work this month, up to january, which i was given around about a month ago. This had not included new years, which fell on my rest day. 3 days before new years, i had a phone call asking to work it, which i had said no to due to now having arrangments. i then had a phonecall telling me i would be disciplined if i do not work it, which i had responded by saying i must take the punishment as i cant work. Today i have had a call from the owner telling me i will be dismissed if i do not work, what can i do ? i work in a hotel , night portering.

Many thanks in advance

Unfortunately if your contract says you must work and you didn't pre book annual leave, I guess the choice is work or lose your job...

depends what your contract says about shifts and rotas etc.

it always difficult at this time of year to sort out schedules etc. but if as you say this was a day you would not normally have worked and you had not been told it was required, it may have been prudent to ask if they want you to work before making any plans!

as for dismissal, your rights will depend on how long you have worked there, over two years then you have a lot more protection.

Try ACAS for advice.