ukaviator

Honours list: Former FSA chief Hector Sants knighted despite regulatory failures

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2479 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

What the hell is going on. . . . ?

Hector Sants, the former Financial Services Authority chief executive criticised over regulatory failures during the financial crisis, has been knighted in the New Year Honours list.

More: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/9770062/Honours-list-Former-FSA-chief-Hector-Sants-knighted-despite-regulatory-failures.html

Some useful links.

FAQ's

Making Posts

Letter Template Library

Bank Contact Details

AQ Guide to Completion

Court Fees

Data Protection non Compliance

Witness Statements for Court Bundle

Banking Code Website

Limitations Act

Fast Track Costs

A-Z Index

Mis-Claim Tutorial

Step By Step Instructions

Remember: The Ark was built by amateurs-The Titanic by professionals.

Please click my scales if you find my advice helpful !

If your claim is successful, please donate 5% so that it can continue to help others.

Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

YOU CAN NOW COMPLAIN TO THE OFT ABOUT THEIR CONDUCT UNDER THE CONSUMER PROTECTION FROM UNFAIR TRADING REGULATIONS 2008.

I have generally been a Tory voter most of my working life but I will never ever vote for them again having seen this. I have a 6 page letter from the OFT General Counsel telling me why they failed to regulate Swift Advances despite concrete evidence they were breaching Acts of Parliament under the CCA. I have things to do with that so won't comment further on here, but the next thing I'll see is David Fisher the Director at the OFT getting Knighted for not doing his job properly either. Especially when you read that consumers suffered to the tune of £450 million being failed by the OFT for poor CCA regulation over the industry as they, the OFT were under resourced. It's disgraceful, because poor regulation means people losing their homes whilst these financial institutions run roughshod over peoples lives and get awards and bonuses for their 'hard work'..

Hector Sants being Knighted is a complete farce and a disgrace and an insult to the people they profess to serve. The FSA have a heavy load to bear in responsibility for what went wrong and now he's expecting us to call him 'Sir' for the pleasure of ruining the lives of thousands, hundreds of thousands.

When Northern Rock went belly-up and the Government said they'd be borrowing billions to bail the banks out I said the best and boldest thing a government could do would be to pay off everyone's credit, mortgages and loans which would reimburse these banks and clear people's indebtedness rather than pay money into these black-holes and bank investors pockets. It would create cash-flow for people to spend as they would be no longer in debt, businesses would prosper and employ people, the gov't who did this wouldn't need to canvass for votes for generations and the banks wouldn't fail and we wouldn't have this reluctance to lend to business which is currently meaning money is never made available to re-boot businesses under this government policy of bailing the banks out. I'm sure those not in debt would baulk at people in debt having their debts wiped clean, but it would have had a far more beneficial effect on the way the economy recovered than the way it is now. I smell revolution brewing when you see so many cuts.

The fastest rising industry now is pay day loans....:mad2:

Andrew1 is no politician and I'll no-doubt be shot down for suggesting such an absurdity, but it must be better than rewarding this failure we see today. Hector Sants should refuse this Knighthood and keep some form of respect for those who are suffering as a result of what he didn't do.

Kick these people out who suggested this and get some real businessmen and women running this country.

Having worked on the forums for many years now and seeing how the banks and finance industry actually works in reality at the coal-face and how it effects everyday working people and their lives it's about time we had some people in Management who actually understood how to run a country and were accountable for their actions rather than these self congratulating, self serving politicians dictating our every move and then getting some kind of honour for it.

I spent 30 yrs on the peripherals in the credit industry myself and know how self congratulating an industry that is (just read Credit Today and the awards process!). We need a few more Tracey McDermotts and Stella Creasey's in the driving seats of this banking world and some common sense injected into it.

This government's gone crazy.

Edited by andrew1

Cabot and the Cabot Fan Club Threads:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/73598-dealing-cabot-101-cabot.html

Legal Actions Explained for Businesses:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20492-legal-actions-explained-company.html

Payplan CCCS Advice:

http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/getting-out-debt/128587-info-cccs-payplan-experiences.html?highlight=Payplan

How to use the Forum

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

A click on the scales below is appreciated if my posts were helpful

Do not regard my postings or suggestions as professional advice. If in doubt seek a professional opinion.

PLEASE DONATE IF SUCCESSFUL - Every little helps :)

PLEASE, Do not Private Message me with basic questions, start your own thread and PM a link if you wish, but I will not be able to respond to all individual questions as I am very busy on numerous other things and anyway, others cannot learn from PM's. It also stifles contributions from the vast talent base this site offers from it's contributors and I'm not all that clever really! :D Thank you.