style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4107 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone my first post in this excellent forum although I been reading the forum to try to find the answer but my situation is slightly different as I just got a letter from Marston Group posted second class,

I had a speeding fine in Sep 2009 with 3 penalty points which I send to court along with a payment of £60.00 which is endorsed on my paper licence see the image attached

20121228_212010Marston%2BLetter.jpg

and now I have received this demand letter from Marston Group asking me to pay the fine which for some unknown reason to me is gone up to £110.00 plus £85.00 fees, before I contact them I need your advise on to which action should I take

This is the very first time I heard about this unpaid fine since I sent my licence along with £60.00 payment to the court and I haven't had any fine or even camera flash on me in 2009, 2010 up until 13/08/2011 when I was stopped by a police and my offence according to him was jumping a red light I paid the fine handed over my licence to the police station with in a week of this.

see the attached image of my paper licence

20121228_212032.jpg

what should be my further action

Many thanks

MO

Edited by desidunda
edited image

I appreciate your licence shows £60 but can you actually prove this was paid? How did you pay? You will need to take this up with the Court, also asking them to call off their contractor until it is resolved. I wonder if you have been mixed up with someone else - next name on the list perhaps.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi ploddertom thanks for the reply and I'm 100% on the payment of the fine as we do not have a personal cheque book and I remember Mrs going into bank paying them cash plus their fee and she was then given the cheque for £60.00 and then I posted both my licence and the cheque to the court and received my licence back with the endorsement. so you reckon I should take my licence and Marston letter to court and see If I can get any info regarding this from them and not make contact with marston

Something has gone badly wrong somewhere. You need to speak to the HMCTS Enforcement Manager who covers the court and ask them to explain what is going on. It may be a simple administrative error that can be resolved quickly by the Enforcement Manager.

It will depend on where the local county court is located. HMCTS Enforcement Managers are responsible for Court Bailiffs, HMCTS Warrant Officers and certificated bailiffs under contract to HMCTS. Ring the switchboard at the court that imposed the fine as they should have the direct telephone number and name of the local HMCTS Enforcement Manager who covers that particular court.