rimej

EON failed to attend for heating cover

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2486 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have had Eon Central Heating cover for the last 3.5 years, paying circa £16 per month. On Tuesday this week my Central Heating broke down and I reported this to Eon and an engineer came out on Thursday, he spent less than 5 minutes and said it is resolved. Guess what, it wasn't!! So on Thursday I called again, and was given an appointment for Monday, but was assured that because I have young people in the house this appointment would be brought forward. I was told that someone would call me on Friday to arrange, I didn't hear from anyone by noon on Friday, so I called Eon again, and was told that someone would get back to me on the same day. I didn't hear from anyone. Today I have been trying to call, and get told that nothing can be done until Monday.

I have looked at my Eon Contract, and my case is classified as an 'emergency' case because I have 'vulnerable' people in my household. My kids are freezing in the cold, I don't even have hot water from the taps, Eon do not seem to be doing anything about it, all they say is that they do not have engineers available. I called some of their competitors to find out their timescales for getting an engineer out, and the general theme is that an engineer would be out within 48 hours on 'normal' cases.

My advise to Eon is review and assess your resource levels before you rush to take money from people, particularly people with vulnerable households.

My advise to all is DO NOT SIGN UP TO EON CENTRAL HEATING COVER particularly if you have vulnerable people in your households. They do not have specific timescales for calling an engineer out, and they keep saying that, so you could go for over a week without having an engineer out.

Its funny, because only last week I was recommending Eon central heating cover to a friend who also has young kids, saying that its peace of mind and quick resolution which is necessary with young kids. Little did I realise what I would have to go through when I need the help. In total I have paid Eon over £600 over the last 3.5 years, what a waste of money.

Say no to Eon Central Heating Cover!!!

Hi rimej

I'm sorry we didn't fix the fault to your central heating at the first attempt and that we failed to contact you when we said we would.

To be without heating at this time of year is the last thing you want, especially with little ones in the house.

We've a complaints process in place to deal with this type of failure and I'd encourage you to follow this.

Let us have the full details of what went wrong. We'll investigate and come back to you with an explanation. There's more info about this on our website at the link in the post above.

I hope the engineer promised for Monday was able to carry out an effective repair.

Malc

Hi remij

Is there any update?

I have moved your query to a thread of its own

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)