Private parking

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I a new here and have a question to ask and is as follows

I have a freehold property that shares a driveway with a leasehod property,I have a right of way over provided I pay towards its maintainance.

My partner is disabled and his vehicle is parked round the rear,I admit he uses it infrequently,once or twice a month and a ramp at the rear that is used in a similar manner ,we dont have a disabled bay but sure we could.

The leasehold property owner parks over the drive so as to block access ,as do visitors sometimes.

What is the law regarding this would the police be able to be involved,towing away in the extreme.

Before i involve expense could anybody advise me.

Regards

As far as I am aware you can request that the police attend to deal with a vehicle that is obstructing access to or from your property via a dropped kerb. Whilst a disabled bay might highlight the fact that a disabled person needs to park close to a property, they are rarely enforceable - similarly if the Council agree to paint a white line across the dropped kerb, they are advisory only.

• Confused 1

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Hi thanks for reply,im not so sure the police can help,I did ask a pcso, and he was of a view if the obstruction was on the road the dropped curb,but on the privatly owned drive they could only request it be moved

any thoughts

regards