diem23

Parking ticket received - despite paying and displaying a ticket. APPEAL?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2481 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I am enquiring on behalf of a friend. He parked in a pay and display area, paid for his parking at 12:17pm, he would have to return to his vehicle at 13:17 to avoid a ticket. Unfortunately he received a PCN from an Islington council parking warden at 12:23pm. The ticket stated a contravention code 12T "parked in a residents or shared use parking place or zone without either clearly displaying a valid permit or voucher or pay and display ticket issued for that place, or without payment of the parking charge."

This is utter nonsense as the parking was paid for (my friend still has the pay and display ticket) and was clearly visible in the cars windscreen. There was loads of P signs to park and the pay and display machine was near the vehicle. My friend is a carer for his uncle and always parks outside his uncles residence paying and displaying his ticket every time. This issue must warrant an appeal? Advice would be appreciated thanks