• Tweets

• ROFL - says a minister of the government that lets its politicians promote their agendas unchallenged and well paid on the UK's version of Russia Today translated UK deputy PM launches global push to mask their election rigging "The UK is following Russia and China on a government minister and MP led process to get paid vast sums to put our message out to the plebs unchallenged, funded via right wing billionaires, AI from foreign states, and misuse of taxpayer money.   reuters.com WWW.REUTERS.COM  
    • Yes, but the process starts here... https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/data-protection-complaints/what-to-expect/ This involves making a complaint to GS first before approaching ICO. However, at the time of the complaint, I beleive we'd advise the complainant to ask for some compensation and take it from there. @FTMDave?? No, I meant this forum, The Consumer Action Group, where you're posting right now.😄 (We're in the slow process of rebranding as The National Consumer Service.)
    • And yes, they state their client is EON and that they can return the debt to EON who can either register a default or take me to court. 
    • Thank you. The npower debt was from 2019/2020 until EON took over the account late 2021.   npower had set a DCA on me even though I owed them nothing. I spoke to a customer service agent, following up by email, who confirmed I was in credit . I made a complaint to head office who sent a barrage of emails, changing the amounts each time. According to them, I owed £279.   The debt grew to what it is now as first npower and then EON subsequently failed to put a payment arrangement and direct debit in place to pay off this supposed sum and my ongoing bills.   I was very ill with Covid, struggling in lockdown with a disabled child and informed them of all this.   EON stopped their legal action when I took them to the ombudsman as this was part of my complaint and requested remedy but I have not received a notice of discontinuance.    I would like to set up my own dd to pay them off but am concerned they could still take legal action. I am on a low income and can’t afford to pay them more than a token amount each month.   
    • Thank you guys! @lookinforinfo thank you for the case, it seem to similar with my case which is gold. @Nicky Boy shouldn't be ICO?   Personal data breaches: a guide ICO.ORG.UK   For CAG I found this  The Confidentiality Advisory Group (CAG) is an independent body which provides expert advice on the use of confidential patient information. This includes providing advice to us, the Health Research Authority (HRA) for research uses. It also provides advice to the Secretary of State for Health for non-research uses.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2924 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi caro,

Are you saying that the bank can’t evict my landlady while she has a paying tenant?m

If my landlady wanted to use this argument, I assume she’d need to seek legal advice or would I have to be the one that does that?

I don't know the exact circumstances but it might be worth investigating if you could object to possession or eviction. At the same time tenants in buy to let properties where the landlord has defaulted on the loan can be evicted so my suggestion is a long shot.

Unfortunately I don't know the names in the case.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If your landlady had appealled surely the matter would go to Tribunal, so it may be she hasn't actually appealled and has only asked for a reconsideration - not the same thing.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

When the jobcentre advisor provides my landlady with four vacancies, I presume those jobs must reflect her skill base.

I think the jobcentre can make mistakes and provide jobs which the client isn’t skilled to do.

For instance, I seek administration work and if the job centre provides me a position, but the vacancy requires managerial experience then I won’t apply for it.

If I’m under qualified, I will not take this risk because I don’t hold any managerial experience.

My landlady looked at all four positions and one position she rejected because of lack of experience/qualifications, but it seems the adviser didn’t take this into account.

My landlady was unfairly sanctioned for being given a job that wasn’t any good.

Hi Caro,

I will talk with my landlady and ask her to look into your objection for possession and eviction idea.

Cheers

Edited by dx100uk
unnecessary previous post quote removed

A licensee (or lodger) has not got the same rights as a tenant. The landlady in this case would not have an argument against repossession because she has a lodger.

What she does have is a defence if the mortgagee takes her to court. She can explain that she has been sanctioned, that it is only for a period of time, and that she will be able to resume payments on a specific date (job centre should be able to give the exact date that the sanction ends), and that she has taken in a lodger to assist with paying her financial commitment to the mortgage (this always looks good in court so long as she can show she can afford the CMI plus something towards the arrears).

In the interim, the landlady is far better off contacting the mortgagee and informing them of her current circumstances and explaining (as above) that it will be for a specified period of time. Most mortgagees should show some forbearance.

• Haha 1

Hi Lea_HTH ,

My landlady did explain her sanctioning to the bank, but sadly the Bank refuses to freeze her mortgage.

I’m wondering if the bank might accept a smaller monthly payment, but I haven’t mentioned this idea to my landlady yet.

Do you think the bank might accept a smaller monthly payment?

Edited by dx100uk

I am surprised the bank will not play ball if it can be proved the sanction is for x amount of months.

It is hassle for them if they are forced to call in the loan.

Does your landlady have anything like a holiday period written into her agreement.

I get two months a year, which can come in very handy.

Are you sure you LL has done all she says she has.

Have you been there when she has made these calls or whatever.

Most mortgage companies do not even start legal proceedings unto several months have been missed.

Has your LL got insurance pp on her mortgage (I guess not) but worth asking.

Edited by dx100uk

My landlady was getting 20 pounds off her monthly mortgage before she was sanctioned.

Those links look useful and I will send them to my landlady.

My landlady claims she has done all these things, but had little results.

She has only missed one payment so far and no legal proceedings have taken place as yet.

As for holiday agreement, I doubt it.

Edited by dx100uk

How could she be getting £20 a month off?

I think most mortgages factor in a (holiday payment) for two months.

It is not a perk, it is part of the package.

Must say I have read a lot on here about people with mortgage problems, as I have a mortgage, but not sure I have read problems like your LL seems to be having from such an early stage.

All mortgage companies have a duty these days to try and help, and they urge you to tell them if having problems.

As this is not a long term problem and can be proved - I am failing to understand why they appear to be being heavy handed.

flumps1976 said:

They are very useful links (I have kept them for myself - future reference).

Thanks for that.

Hi Bakatcha,

You were very helpful in the past and wondered if I might ask another cheeky question?

I am currently doing some training for a possible job with Morrison’s and INGEUS have nothing to do with this.

INGEUS also have little influence with my job hunting anymore and the reason INGEUS have little authority is connected with my waiver cancellation.

You may remember helping me with my INGEUS dilemma in late 2012 and thanks to your help and Nimitz I successful cancelled my waiver.

In late 2012, I was already doing some training for a possible Morrison position and still have more training to do for 2013, but I still haven’t got the job and stand a chance of failing these assessments.

Anyway, I need to claim money back for all my current and future travelling costs and the only people who do this is INGEUS.

When I ask for their help for reimbursing me, I was worried they might ask me to sigh something to claim money back for travel costs, but we all know what signing forms leads to.

Do you think INGEUS will do this?:|

KInd Regards 33crazydude

Hi Lilly,

To be honest, I don’t know much about mortgages, but my landlady claims she received £20 off her mortgage per month, but maybe she meant the bank reduces her monthly payment by £20?

I had a chat with my landlady yesterday about her current dilemma and she was able to explain things in a more exact way.

For example, I thought she defaulted on her mortgage once and in reality she defaulted twice!

The bank hasn’t official frozen her mortgage, but she hasn’t been penalized for two missed payments in November and December.

The bank realizes that my landlady should get a response from the DWP or job centre about her benefits starting up again, but if my landlady is unsuccessful, I don’t know if the bank will be quite so forgiving if she misses her third house payment?

I am not sure about this! If you ask Ingeus for your travel expenses they may refuse on the grounds that the placement/training is nothing to do with them. They certainly won't cough up without knowing more which in turn means they will attempt to make a claim for any successful outcome. They may even decline to pay your expenses AND then try to claim an outcome!

If they already know about your training then I would be inclined to try to get them to refund expenses. If they don't I would be inclined to keep quiet and not try to reclaim them.

I can't see Ingeus coughing up without knowing a lot more about the placement/training though.

Edited by dx100uk

Hi Bakatcha,

Sadly INGEUS already know about my Morrison’s training.

I exposed my Morrison’s training to INGEUS before cancelling my waiver, but INGEUS wasn’t giving me a hard time back then.

If INGEUS decide to pay me my travel expenses, I don’t see how they can make any claim with Morrison’s because my waiver was cancelled and they’d be breaking the law.

You don’t think INGEUS have something up their sleeve do you?

I really hate crafty behaviour.

INGEUS may not be obliged to pay anything and if they refuse, I would accept their decision, but surprisingly INGEUS did pay some of my travel cost's for Morrison’s this Thursday, but they weren’t very happy about it.

I still have two weeks worth of training with Morrison’s and there’s still no guarantee that Morrison’s will give me a job.

However, INGEUS have also agreed to pay these travel expenses, but they did mention that they’re losing money.

I recently cancelled my waiver with INGEUS and expected them to not pay me anything, but they certainly surprised me.

My advisor claims that INGEUS is perfectly within their right to make a claim with Morrison’s despite my withdrawal of consent, but then my INGEUS advisor contradicted him self and asked me for my personnel verbal consent and I refused.

If INGEUS go behind my back and try to make a claim with Morrison’s that would be a breach of data protection and illegal.

Everything must have written consent and he doesn’t have it!

If I get the job with Morrison, I will ring the job centre and tell them I am now working, but I won’t tell them what my job is.

I don’t want INGEUS to make a penny out of me because they never had any part to play with my involvement with Morrison’s.

Edited by dx100uk

Besides giving you the money to get there and back - good luck with the course. Like I said earlier the double-check on contacting the employer would stop that from happening - even if the adviser did try to claim it then the notes entered by the manager following your withdrawal of consent would flag up. It's one of the checks done before any employer is contacted.

If the course is a success and you're offered work as a result of it then it'll still be added to the case recording system but the external check won't be carried out. The system changes your record to reflect that you're no longer unemployed and that you needn't be contacted for appointments.

Hi Bullpoofilter,

The travel money INGEUS is paying me is really just tax payer’s money.

I bet there are many jobs that clients find for themselves and INGEUS had no part to play, but INGEUS still claim from these jobs and after 6 months they get paid a load of money.

It’s a giant con for the tax payer and any financial loses INGEUS suffer from me is little when compared with their overall profits.:violin:

Sorry for being stupid, will I need to notify Morrison’s that INGEUS might phone them and then Morrison’s be able to reject their claim.

Would I need to tell the manager of Morrison’s or HR/admin?

Edited by dx100uk

No - if you've withdrawn consent then the call will never be made. Before anyone would even pick up the telephone they would need to check that consent was present and correct. If it's not then the administrator won't make the call to begin with.

Edited by dx100uk

Hi Bullpoofilter,

I saw INGEUS today and my advisor requested that I notify him when I get the Morrison’s job.

I agreed to let him know, but don’t worry because I was lying and have no intention of telling this guy.

For some reason he contradicted him self and left me feeling suspicious.

He strangely asked for my verbal consent so he’s able to claim with Morrison’s, but my reply was NO!

He then explained that he's still able to make a claim with Morrison’s and this is despite my letter of withdrawal.

He probably views me as being stupid.

I think my advisor is testing me and if my responses show limited understanding he might go behind my back and make a sneaky claim with Morrison’s.

Surly if he tries to make a claim without my consent he’s breaking the law and breaching data protection because he doesn’t have my official signature of agreement.

I don’t like my advisor because he seems very shrewd.

Edited by dx100uk

Drop in another copy of the letter withdrawing consent, and stating that if you are offered a job, you will also be telling the Employer that they may not speak to Ingeus, simples.

I would imagine most employers that know their onions would refuse to discuss an employee with an outside corporation anyway, not without sight of, or requesting permission from the Employee, it leaves the employer in potential big trouble, legally - it is far easier to simply refuse to provide info on staff.

Edited by dx100uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I could provide my advisor and branch manager another withdrawal letter, but I wonder if my advisor is just blowing hot air?

Because of my first letter of withdrawal, I really think it’s risky for INGEUS to claim from Morrison’s because that would be fraud.

At home, I have a confirmation letter from the manager of INGEUS which verifies my withdrawal.

Any claim INGEUS tries to make would need my signature, but do you honestly think INGEUS would behave in such an underhand way?

If I successfully get employed with Morrison’s, I will ask Morrison’s to keep an eye out for any correspondence from INGEUS and ask Morrison’s to reject it.

Edited by dx100uk

You got a letter verifying your withdrawal? I didn't get one off either ingeus or the JC, as Nimitz said the manager probably sulked over it

Edited by dx100uk

• 1 year later...

When I travel to the jobcentre, its every two weeks, but recently DWP have recommended my appointments become fortnightly.

Does anybody know if the jobcentre reimburse for travel expenses?

It’s going to cost me double in public transposition costs per month and makes budgeting even harder!

Sorry, I think my brain has slipped out of my head today, I meant to say weekly :|

I would normally see the jobcentre every two weeks which is fortnightly, but now it’s going to be weekly.

Do you know if the job centre will reimburse me for these extra transportation costs?

Edited by dx100uk

33crazydude - I figured you had a blonde moment, so assumed you had indeed intended to say weekly signing on.

This is now your duly appointed regular time and date, so no, you would not be able to claim travel expenses. However, if the JCP decide to pull you in for any other reason on another day, you could reclaim the bus fare.

It sucks, and it probably isn't the answer you were hoping for. But with any luck, this weekly signing will only be for a couple of months.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Hey Mr P,

Thank you for your earlier advice and sorry for my blond moment this morning, lol

By the way, my normal signing on days with the jobcentre is Wednesday, but the jobcentre has asked me to attend some kind of meeting this Monday.

The jobcentre said it won’t be my usual signing on, but some kind of post program support meeting.

When attending this dreary meeting, would the DWP be able to reimburse me for my travel expenses?

I ask you this question because this meeting isn’t my usual signing on nonsense, lol

Regards Glyn

P.S, Here’s a link about this meeting because I recently finished my contract with useless INGEUS

http://i61.tinypic.com/154kboy.jpg