Padz

Retailer wants to send goods away for inspection - help with my rights please.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2504 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

Hope everyone has had a great Christmas! Hoping someone can help me.

I bought a fancy dog harness at the end of September from a physical shop (not part of a chain just an independent but established a long time)

Fast forward to 3 months later and I find that the nylon attachment point - which holds the metal ring that the lead clips to - has started to fray on both sides. It has only been used by me and has not been mistreated in any way

I emailed the retailer and sent them a photograph of the fault. They have replied asking me to return it so that they can send it away for "Inspection and advice".

Normally that wouldn't be a problem but I'm assuming that they are going to send it back to the USA where it was manufactured but that will leave me without a harness to use for several weeks. They also did not at any point mention refund/repair or replacement.

I always thought that in the case of faulty goods under 6 months old that the contract was with the seller and that it was up to them to rectify the problem. Could someone please tell me if I am right?

Also since they want to send it away am I within my rights to ask for a like for like harness to use while mine is away due to the inconvenience it will cause?

Many thanks,

Padz

your contract is with the retailer and they should rectify the matter

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

I would have thought for something of a relatively low value they would have jsut given you a replacement upon receipt of the wonky one. they can then send it off for inspection/testing at their leisure. Suggest this to them, not all pet shop owners are smart business people so may have missed the point that you would be without a harness. Ultimately they are under obligation to make good your situation so the sooner you can persuade them it is a good idea to do a swap the better.