Hacked_Off

Final wage withheld

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2483 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Well,

The agency have not paid my final wage or remaining holidays. I have a copy of my signed timesheet and a receipt from the fax machine saying it was received.

"We sent out the attached Mailer in the post a couple of weeks ago detailing the payroll deadlines and paydates.

Due to the 2 bank holidays this week payments will credit your account on Monday 31st Jan "

Nothing was received. Surely they can't just decide to pay me late?

Yes, they can. Around Christmas it's perfectly normal and it sounds like they gave you advanced warning.

They said they posted the warning out to you - therefore, legally you're deemed to have received it, so legally, they did give you warning of the fact.

Do you actually mean Mon 31 January, or is that a typo?

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

Do you actually mean Mon 31 January, or is that a typo?

I was wondering the same?

I was wondering the same?

Must of been a typo on their part I guess. It makes no sense to me that they managed to pay us correctly last week but not this week . Interestingly I've had my payslip today which states payment was made today, which it obviously wasn't.

Do they pay you by BACS? Could be that if they made the transfer today, it will take 3 working days to clear in your account.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

Not sure how they do it to be honest. My payslip clearly states payment will be made on the 28th. Isn't it breach of contract to pay me late? My contract says "payment will be made one week in arrears"

Yes, That's just your week in hand. have a look on your bank statement - next to previous wage payments, it will tell you how the payment was made.

Not sure how they do it to be honest. My payslip clearly states payment will be made on the 28th. Isn't it breach of contract to pay me late? My contract says "payment will be made one week in arrears"

Even if it was in breach on contract, unless you've suffered any financial loss there isn't anything you can do about it.

Even if it was in breach on contract, unless you've suffered any financial loss there isn't anything you can do about it.

My phone bill bounced yesterday so has now been cut off and will incur late payment charges from the bank and my phone provider.

It's still not cut and dried I'm afraid. There have been a couple of occasions where I was paid late while working for a very large employer (NHS, actually) and incurred bank charges which they subsequently paid, but I was paid late without notice on those occasions, and it was due to a massive admin cock up, or so we were told. You could try approaching them and pointing out that the notice that they gave you was incorrect (due to the typo), and they may out of decency agree to refund you as a goodwill gesture. On the other hand, they may not. At that point, if you wanted to get the account charges back from them, you'd be looking at a small claims procedure I guess.

I've been paid and they've agreed to pay the charges. Informing them I'm a law student seemed to move them along a bit ;)

Excellent result! well done you. have a great new year. :)