style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2433 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi I'm a new user and wanted some advice.

I held an RBS Visa card from 2001 until 2008.

I recently contacted them (on the back of the publicity about PPI) to ask whether I had PPI, as I had shredded all of the statements.

When I was put through to the relevant team I was advised that I did have PPI and was given a complaint reference number.

Just before Xmas I received a letter from a Case Officer in the PPI Customer Concerns Team who advised me that I took out PPI when I applied for the card

(I'm not sure whether I applied for the card on-line or in person).

As the policy was an opt-in policy, the view of RBS as stated in their letter was that they were unable to uphold my concerns

on the basis that I had opted in to the policy and received information about the policy with credit card statements.

In their letter they provided information about the Financial Ombudsman service and how to make a complaint.

I would appreciate the views of members on whether it is worthwhile proceeding to the next stage.

Many thanks

Simon

Yes it is ! Do an SAR by recorded delivery to get as many statements as you can. I've got a PPI claim against barclaycard that they rejected initially and as soon as taken to FOS they've decided to change their minds and accept it. Basically the initial rejection is a ploy to hope you'll give up so don't!

Hello and welcome to CAG.

I'll move your thread to the PPI forum and leave you a short term redirect here.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Many thanks for that Scoobied. Have just done the SAR and will keep you informed of progress via this thread.

Simon

how can someone 'assume' you DID want PPI by mere speculation?

they were not there at the time you took the card out.

get the sar off, you'll need the info to workout

what you are owed anyhow.

dont forget many cards were taken out by a 'bod' selling these in shops etc

they filled out the paperwork for you.

and got a healthy PPI commission too!

or it was a mag ad that you did and it was already ticked etc etc.

a one letter fob off on pure speculation, is very poor customer service

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hi All,

just to keep you updated. Send off the SAR to RBS. Was passed around from pillar to post but received the information last Friday. The only information they are able to provide me with was copies of statements.

I need some more advice. I can't remember whether I applied for the cartd on-line or in the bank (Isuspect it was on-line). RBS refusal to uphold my claim was based on the fact that their "sales process ensures that all customers understand that the policy is optional" and their "staff are fully trained to ensure they follow the Bank's procedure".

As RBS are unable to provide me with a copy of my application, I think its fair to assume that they too don't know how I applied for the card. Is it worth just going to the Ombudsman or going back to RBS and asking them to review their original decision?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Simon

then if they have no info they should not be BLINDLY speculating

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hi All,

just to keep you updated. Send off the SAR to RBS. Was passed around from pillar to post but received the information last Friday. The only information they are able to provide me with was copies of statements.

Unless they have said your SAR is completed, do not assume there is no more to come. I am currently going through this process with them and so far I have received information from four different sources, with more still overdue.

I need some more advice. I can't remember whether I applied for the cartd on-line or in the bank (Isuspect it was on-line).

You would be as well to try to determine which it was as it may help you in progressing your claim. Of course, there is a good chance they do not know either.

RBS refusal to uphold my claim was based on the fact that their "sales process ensures that all customers understand that the policy is optional" and their "staff are fully trained to ensure they follow the Bank's procedure".

Standard bull-poo, had exactly the same letter from them. If that is the case why has the FOS upheld 89% of claims against them in the last few months? If banks had done that there would be no PPI claims paid out.

As RBS are unable to provide me with a copy of my application, I think its fair to assume that they too don't know how I applied for the card (Agreed). Is it worth just going to the Ombudsman or going back to RBS and asking them to review their original decision?

Did their letter say it was a 'final' decision'? If so the choice is yours. I went straight to the FOS on the basis that I didn't want to 'arm' RBS with any further arguments. The FOS are currently taking up to 12 months to deal with the 10,000+ PPI appeals it receives every week.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Simon

Good luck Simon, it may be a bit of a haul but once your have divided your payout by the amount of hours you have put in you will be on a very nice hourly rate. :wink:

Love your enemies - it drives them crazy.

Thanks to Bobby Thompson (1911-1988) for the user name:"Let them knock, the paint lasts longer than the skin".

nec temere nec timide

So far, all done free for friends:

Cabot - F&F reduced debt by £7700 (70%)

NatWest - PPI claim - £1,800

NatWest - PPI claim - £6,200

NatWest - PPI claim - £3,000

Co-op Bank - PPI claim - £5,200

Halifax - PPI claim - £2,800

NatWest - debt identified as statute barred - £1,900

NatWest - debt identified as statute barred - £2,700

NatWest - loan identified as unenforceable - £13,400