style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2486 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I have just recieved a parking ticket when I was parked on a single yellow line at 21:45. The yellow line area was between 2 permitted areas and did not have its own sign, or any sign that I could see, so assumed it was from 08:00-19:00.

I have subsequently seen that there is a controlled sign stating that there is no parking on yellow lines from 08:00-23:00, but this is further down the road and on the other side of the permitted area.

Does each section of the yellow line need its own sign, or can one sign cover the whole road?

Thanks in advance.

P

I can't remember the rules regarding signage on yellow lines - ie whether they all require their own sign. However it may be worth a trip back with a camera to take pics of sign and your parking position. Also look at the yellow line - is it a single unbroken line? Ie is any part broken up by road surface or faded. Are both the end markings on the yellow line clear and still there? If the end markings have gone then fine may be unenforceable as the rules are that the line has to be painted in a certain way to be legal.

Moved to Local Authority Parking

I have subsequently seen that there is a controlled sign stating that there is no parking on yellow lines from 08:00-23:00, but this is further down the road and on the other side of the permitted area.

Does each section of the yellow line need its own sign, or can one sign cover the whole road?

The restriction times on the Controlled Parking Zone entry signs apply to all yellow lines within the zone.

The restriction times on the Controlled Parking Zone entry signs apply to all yellow lines within the zone.

I think you meant all single yellow lines without their own timeplate.