HiFly

Online Car Tax Disc

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2487 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,

My car is fully insured [fully comp] and MOT'd until end of July 2013, but my Road Tax Disc runs out in a couple of days time. I don't have the ROAD TAX Disc Renewal / SORN Declaration notification letter that the DVLA usually sends out with the 16 digit reference number as I'm currently (temporarily) out of the UK in the EU working. (e.g. car is therefore classed as being "temporary exported" - which means of course that my car must comply/meet UK Laws/Regs.)

No probs I thought - use the online DVLA service - I have the car docs with me and my registered keepers address remains the same - so only need to enter my Vehicle Registration Number / and the 11 digit number [Document Reference Number] on the front of the (blue) V5C [issue 2/07].

Details entered to purchase a Tax Disc BUT >> The system keeps telling me that I have not entered fully the 11 digit number ???? But I have checked that no typos where made!:???:

How do I resolve this ? Advice appreciated before I fall foul of the DVLA on the 01/01/2013!!

Thanks & Regards

Ring them up tomorrow and explain the problem.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

that DRN number is not the same as the renewal number

thats why the v5c one does not work

i've had that before,

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Thanks for the quick reply's.

1) Not possible to ring a 0300 number from outside of the UK I'm told - but I'll check that in the morning.

2) If you don't have the Renewal Number than there are two fields (Reg & DRN) to enter - which don't seem to work for me!

Thanks for the quick reply's.

1) Not possible to ring a 0300 number from outside of the UK I'm told - but I'll check that in the morning.

2) If you don't have the Renewal Number than there are two fields (Reg & DRN) to enter - which don't seem to work for me!

Consider trying via one of the UK calling card services.

There are many to choose from, but one example is telesave (you'll need an account and then to ask for "traveller" access)

Telesave traveller will give a free-phone access number in many countries:

http://www.telesave.co.uk/athome/traveller.htm

Call from a landline in the country you are in to a Freephone access number in the country you are in.

I'm not outside the UK to try it, but their traveller service allows access to the DVLA's 0300 790 6802 number (I've just tried it from telesave traveller's UK 0800 access number), so it should work from the Freephone access point they have in the country you are in as it gives "a UK dialling tone" (no '+44' required).

Thanks Bazza - just tried your Telesave idea.....but found out it only apparently works if you have a UK based mobile or landline number! [but have sent them an e-mail anyway to see if we can get around that little glitch!]

Thanks Bazza - just tried your Telesave idea.....but found out it only apparently works if you have a UK based mobile or landline number! [but have sent them an e-mail anyway to see if we can get around that little glitch!]

If you are temporarily working outside the UK ... Do you have a UK mobile no. you can use to set it up?

Nope :-(

Re my original posting - I have now read the small print of my dated V5c notes - where it talks about giving 14 days grace to renew or declare SORN - is that still the case? If so then I have another few days to solve this problem.

Nope :-(

Re my original posting - I have now read the small print of my dated V5c notes - where it talks about giving 14 days grace to renew or declare SORN - is that still the case? If so then I have another few days to solve this problem.

Yes providing the car isn't driven on a public road. It only allows you to decide whether to tax or SORN it for up to 14 days following the expiry of the last disc/SORN period before any action is taken by the DVLA.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.