Contract problems with mobile phone company Orange

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I wonder if anyone can give me some advice on how to further progress the problems I am having with my mobile phone network, Orange. The problem, in a nut shell, is that in June this year I upgraded my phone at the end of its previous contract taking advantage of an advert I saw in the national press. The upgrade went through no problem and I received my shiny new phone the next day.

One month later my first bill arrived and it did not in any way reflect the contract which I had agreed with Orange.

I contacted Orange and they assured me that my bill would be re-calculated. I did not pay this bill until it was.

The next month, once again I was on the wrong tariff and my previous bill had not been re-calculated and I was now due two months at a contract I had never agreed to.

Once again I contacted Orange and once again they apologised, however on this occasion they advised they could not give me the contract I had agreed, which was advertised in the national press, as it was no longer on their computer systems. It was like a scene from Little Britain - 'Computer says No!’

Anyway, without boring you, I have been in constant telephone communication with Orange to try and sort this out. I have told them that I no longer want my phone and they can have it back and terminate the contract. They advised that I would have to buy out of the contract however my argument was that Orange have never supplied me with the product which I contractually agreed to.

The recent communications I have had with them involved me getting a back dated copy of the national newspaper advert to prove the deal I had requested did actually exist as they didn't believe me! I was able to do this at a further cost to myself.

I still have not paid any of the bills, as Orange, despite all of their previous promises to re-calculate my bill onto the correct tariff, have failed to do so.

I am now at the stage that I am really frustrated and don't know the best way to go from here, I would ideally like to get the contract I agreed to and my bills all re-calculated, however I am now at the point of just wanting to tell orange to stuff it and cancel everything!

Anyone got any good advice?

Hi,

I had a similar problem with Orange after moving to them from O2 - managed to get it sorted though.

Did you call them regarding the query? If so, ALL calls are recorded so you can request the transcrip where they stated they would re-calculate your bill and amend your tariff etc.

If you email them regarding the query to see if they will send you written evidence that they were going to change it, that would help.

If they continue not to help etc then go to Consumer Direct

and click on "Contact Us" and make a complaint via them - they will give you advice and investigate on your behalf or pass the query to Trading Standards (there extremely helpful)

Hope this helps!

Nathe :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

UNTIL MY CASES ARE RESOLVED/WON IM GOING TO KEEP MY SIGNATURE BLANK AS IM AWARE THE BANKS TEND TO TRAWL ON SOME OF THESE FORUMS AND AS MY CASE IS A LITTLE COMPLEX IT WOULD BE EASILY SPOTTED

DONT WORRY - THE INFO SHALL RETURN ONCE THE CASE IS RESOLVED/WON

Brilliant, thank you for that

Not a problem!! :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

UNTIL MY CASES ARE RESOLVED/WON IM GOING TO KEEP MY SIGNATURE BLANK AS IM AWARE THE BANKS TEND TO TRAWL ON SOME OF THESE FORUMS AND AS MY CASE IS A LITTLE COMPLEX IT WOULD BE EASILY SPOTTED

DONT WORRY - THE INFO SHALL RETURN ONCE THE CASE IS RESOLVED/WON