MiniM

Ingeus interview

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2485 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have my first appointment at Ingeus in a couple of weeks and I am worried. I am 57 years old and I have been unemployed for just over a year. Prior to this I was on ESA as I was declared unfit to work. I suffer with depression, anxiety and have bouts of panic paranior. It is under control with daily medication but it does make me very nervous at interviews and the thought of working in a environment with lots of people. My condition therefore affects my day to day living.

I don't know how the staff at Ingeus will view me, or deal with me. I can't accept just any old job, but I fear they will force me to. Any opinions please?

I have my first appointment at Ingeus in a couple of weeks and I am worried. I am 57 years old and I have been unemployed for just over a year. Prior to this I was on ESA as I was declared unfit to work. I suffer with depression, anxiety and have bouts of panic paranior. It is under control with daily medication but it does make me very nervous at interviews and the thought of working in a environment with lots of people. My condition therefore affects my day to day living.

I don't know how the staff at Ingeus will view me, or deal with me. I can't accept just any old job, but I fear they will force me to. Any opinions please?

Hi MiniM,

A few things that may make your first appointment a bit easier are to call ahead to the office and speak with your adviser, ask them to have your first meeting in a side room and explain your concerns to them.

I used to offer early or late appointment times to people not keen on busy environments as the office was quieter then. Ideally then if they felt able to we'd move the time to see the office at its busiest, if and when they felt ok about it.

Your first appointment is an introduction to the Work Programme and your first adviser. In a moment someone here will advise you not to sign the paperwork and if that's what you decide then fine, your adviser will let you see it for yourself when you get there.

The work programme is intended to help people back into sustainable work and unlike previous programmes not just into the nearest shop / cafe or kitchen. However, your adviser will ask you what you want to do so have a think about it between now and then and do a bit of research, where are the potential roles based, how will you get there, are they recruiting now or soon, what skills/attributes/experience are they looking for and do you have these?

I never knew any of the people I met as an adviser when I was there so I treated everyone the way I'd want to be treated myself so please explain your concerns to the person you're working with as I'm sure they've never met you before either.

Thanks very much for your reply, advice taken on board.