Tesco refused to deliver groceries - be aware of too heavy items on discount.

boloney
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Placed order at tesco.com yesterday for 54 bottles of Coke (2lt bottles) they have it on deal 3 for £3 plus delivery it worked out 58.50 minus £10 voucher for first groceries shopping I had to pay £48.50. Booked slot between 12 pm - 1 pm for today.

Waiting between those hours and no sing of the driver, so after 2 pm loggoed into account on tesco website and next to my order it says it was delivered. Contacted tesco by on-line form and just had the phone call from them saying that they canceled the order because of stock shortage and because items are too heavy to deliver.

Why do they sell them if they too heavy? for example if you order from ASDA you can only put in the basket 16 or 12 2lt bottles, if you order from Sainsbury they will deliver it to you ( done so once with 40-50 bottles).

They did`t even bothered to contact me and let me know that order has been canceled.

Is there anything I can do now? I know I can complain to tesco but I don`t expect them to do anything about it. Is there anywhere else I can complain?

They just make me laugh :)

regards

Problem is that the order system cannot see the stock at the particular branch or depot where your order will be picked, and the T&Cs do include a disclaimer regarding availability of stock where an order either cannot be fulfilled, or where the stock is low and demand high. This would be common for any online retailer with a bulk order for one particular line of stock.

Having said that THEY should have informed you that they could not fulfil, rather than you having to chase. May be worth contacting Tesco Customer Service via their Facebook or Twitter accounts as they are often fairly quick to respond.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Sidewinder the system is aware of stock to a degree in terms of what lines are available but as to quantity you are correct.

With regards to this order I don't get the weight argument think that is a bit thin. Think it is more to do with the offer and abuse of it because if they did not have the stock then they should have provided substitutes of equal quality at the same offer price unless you stated no subs

message from Tesco :) after complaining on facebook

I'm sorry to hear you didn't recieve your order and wasn't notified of it being cancelled. It depends on the day how heavy the van is whether or not they can deliver such a large amount of heavy items. I've logged your disapointment of the service you have recieved with the store so they are made aware. Please accept my humble apologies.

Many thanks,

I agree - the weight argument is a non-starter and it is more about bulk buying. I would suspect that yours is store-picked rather than from a dedicated DotCom warehouse in which case they are more likely to restrict quantities to maintain availability for other customers.

Many small corner shops buy supplies from supermarkets and then sell it on, and whilst there is nothing wrong with that, they may be more likely to restrict an order where the quantity suggests that this might be the case.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

If I had corner shop I would`t ask for delivery to my home address :) well there is an restriction on Tesco website, I think you can only order 99 bottles of Coke at one time.

If there was not enough in stock I will be more than happy to have it delivered following day when they get some more so they can deliver to me. But they were to busy so they had no time to contact me.

Looks like I will have to change supplier :(

Think you are spot on Sidewinder would be interesting to know if the OP mentioned the weight issue in the original FB post before they responded as they might have continued the same line of response.

To the OP if you are a regular of tesco I suggest you signup to their 3 monthly delivery service whereby you can order as many times as you wish without paying for delivery each time. It is value for money and I think in this case you would get away with 2 deliveries on the goods

Well I do shop at Tesco every day, I live about 10 minutes walk from the store. Only reason I bought it for home delivery is that because it`s heavy and we don`t drive so will have to bring it by hands.

And because it`s on deal I can get it cheaper, as I drink about 10 bottles a week that will last me for about 6 weeks to I get another deal somewhere else. Looks like I will have to do it myself.

Edited by boloney

Hi would maybe suggest amending the FB link and maybe reference to the complaint on FB as it would clearly identify you and your username here and elsewhere if used. Never good to leave a footprint on the net.

There is really nothing you can do here from a law perspective and you are only relying on goodwill. Depending on whether your local tesco is 10mins in a car or walking it might be worth looking into the delivery saver scheme

• Haha 1

The delivery saver scheme is good, I do the big shop once a fortnight and then at the end of the week order in the perishables like fruit, milk and veg and do the same again a few days later. Saves me having to go in somewhere to do all that again twice over every 6 days or so and so I get my moneys worth