style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2483 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I have recently received an offer of over £4800 for mis-sold PPI which was sold to me amongst many consolidated loans from Natwest bank over the last 10 years, to fill in my background I was very naive and every year Natwest would invite me in for a "financial review" where I was subsequently sold a loan that had to include PPI as I didn't have any assets, As a result of the loans spiralling beyond my control and subsequently when I lost my job in 2009 I was then forced into an IVA this is where the help I seek is required. I have sent all the various forms back accepting the amounts that total the £4800 and RBS Natwests parent company have sent me a letter saying that this will be off set against my debt. Now I don't mind paying off my overall debt but Had it not been for the PPI repayments I would never have needed to go down the IVA route in the first place as £200 repayments are much more manageable than £400 repayments!!! I fully accept that I was never going to get the full amount back but I believe I should receive some compensation for them putting me in hardship it just feels like the whole reclaiming my PPI has been for nothing and that I will need to carry on paying the repayments on my IVA until it ends in 2014, my whole life is on hold until this ends!!!

I also am concerned about the fact that in Feb 2012 my IVA company sent me a letter informing me that I may have paid PPI and that they would get a company to look into getting this back, I sent back some forms but it got nowhere, I then decided to chase it up myself and at this stage am successful, does this also mean I will lose 30% of my claim?

I really am not very clued up on this kind of thing and would appreciate any good advise from people who have been through similar experiences

It looks like they can

Whether they can just use it for their own debts, i wouldn't have thought so, the IVA company should administer this.

As for the claims management company, what do their t&c say if you decide to pursue the claim on your own once you have instructed them?

Edited by itstheone
Commercial link removed

http://www.which.co.uk/news/2011/05/thousands-of-consumers-may-not-receive-ppi-cash-253572/

PPI refunds on account that were included as part of the IVA must be notified to the administrator of the Arrangement as the refund is an asset of the Arrangement.

Ask your administrator why they recommended using a fee paying CMC to handle your PPI reclaim when that was clearly not in your best interest.

What work did the CMC actually do for you? If you don't know then demand that they tell you.

What exactly did you do towards the claim? Did you simply chase up on what the CMC had done or did you submit claims yourself?

Ask the lender who's instructions they acted on, yours or the CMC.

Also get the bank to send you detailed workings as to how they arrived at the offer amount. Banks have been known to short change people on their PPI refunds.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS