Car Clamped twice in two months by Newlyn Bailiffs fees +£2k!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3957 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all, Newlyn have finally rpelied to my letter, offering to return £360 out of £2,251.92. Here's the letter[ATTACH=CONFIG]41246[/ATTACH]

I have a number of queries re the content of the letter

1. There are three reference nos. on the letter detailing figures .

The bailiff came twice not three times.

It is not clear to me which PCN the references relate to.

This is important because the 1st time the bailiff came he told my mother that he would hold off collecting the apparent remaining £200 until end of november.

Instead he came back at end of october clamped my car again & now said he was charging another £500+ instead of £200 because according to him,

he did not say that the balance should be paid at end of November but end of october.

He then said that there was another ticket for £800+ & he added £100 for a tow truck.

My mother paid £1500 on that day at end of october.

The £100 for the tow truck is not reflected in any of the figures.

2. The final reference no refers to x3 visits. My parents are always at home the bell never rung and no letter was received from Newlyn in October or November yet they charged.

3. my mother paid by debit card so i don't understand why they charged a card fee.

4. what's a HPI check?

5. What's a sch 1 section 8

6. Why are the levy fees different

As far as i can see much of the figures have beem made up.

What do i do now?

Thanks

Bump

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If there was already a levy on the car, not sure how they can charge a second levy even if ti is a different ticket. Did a tow truck make an appearance at any time?

Yes, on the second visit at end of October, as we were discussing about the excessive charge bailiff called the tow truck. The truck did not come the first time.

Overall I don't understand what PCNs the charges relate to & if possible I'd like to claw back at least half of the £2200+ that they took from my mother. Thanks

I think you work out what the overcharge is and send Newlyn a demand for the relevant amount to be refunded. Tell them that if they fail to refund the amount, that you will issue a court claim against them.

Here is another thread, where someone had issued a claim against Newlyn.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?366799-In-Court-against-Equita-Bailiff-Charges

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

OK, two follow up questions

1. should i 1st ask newlyn to tell me exactly which figures relate to which PCN?

2. how do i know which figures are an overcharge. Or do i just determine myself which figures are the overcharge?

Thanks

They should have supplied a separate breakdown for each, maybe they have levied the same thing on both, and don't want to expose themselves to having to refund an invalid levy and it's associated fees. Ask them to supply what you asked for.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

What the hell is going on here......

The fees being charged by Newlyn are simply unbelievable. This really does need to be brought to the attention of the Chief Executive of the council and almost certainly.... the Ministry of Justice.

More on this tomorrow....

What the hell is going on here......

The fees being charged by Newlyn are simply unbelievable. This really does need to be brought to the attention of the Chief Executive of the council and almost certainly.... the Ministry of Justice.

More on this tomorrow....

I was going to write to newlyn asking them to properly indicate what levy relates to precisely which PCN but I'll wait to hear your further comment tomtubby because like u I am outraged by these fees not just for me but for future newlyn victims

:!: I agree, the amounts are just ludacris, how do they justify these amounts. Im just wondering because they have offered some back that you will be happy with that. Not the case I hope. This really needs to be complained about, and I would start off with the CEO of the council.

By the way you are entitled to know who the bailiff was and the ombudsman will back you up on that if it gets to far.

Have a look here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?372989-Newlyn-Bailiffs/page6 - Post ~116

:!: I agree, the amounts are just ludacris, how do they justify these amounts. Im just wondering because they have offered some back that you will be happy with that. Not the case I hope. This really needs to be complained about, and I would start off with the CEO of the council.

By the way you are entitled to know who the bailiff was and the ombudsman will back you up on that if it gets to far.

Have a look here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?372989-Newlyn-Bailiffs/page6 - Post ~116

Hi seanamarts , I wish to fight this to the bitter end.

Newlyn have transferred the £360 back into my mother's Card. Does that stop us from continuing to demand for clarification of the figures & then demanding for much of the still outstanding £2000 back that they took in total from my mother for two £65 pcn's?

Hi seanamarts , I wish to fight this to the bitter end.

Newlyn have transferred the £360 back into my mother's Card. Does that stop us from continuing to demand for clarification of the figures & then demanding for much of the still outstanding £2000 back that they took in total from my mother for two £65 pcn's?

No that doesn't stop you challenging and asking for the entire sum be refunded to your mother, but then you will have to pay the correct sum, once the fees are detailed and dodgy ones challenged.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I'd be grateful if somone could please check my bleow draft letter to Newlyn before i send it to them. Thanks

"I am in receipt of your recent response to my request, however it isunclear which PCN ticket the various figures relate to. I must insist uponNewlyn exercising transparency and clearly indicating precise, to which PCNnumber the figures relate to.

I also again requesting for the name of the bailiff(s) that attendedon each occasion a Fee was charged. This is not as Newlyn asserts a ‘vexatiousand unnecessary” request, it is as the Ombudsman has stated in a different matter,a ‘reasonable’ request, as I am ‘entitled’ to check myself, that the bailiff(s)are correctly certified and I can only check that if I know their name(s).

Please be advised that I require a fullresponse to the aforementioned within seven (7) days to the date of thisletter, should you fail to provide the details requested, I must give everyconsideration to escalating the matter while taking into account the seriousnature of the conduct of the attending bailiff(s).

Yours faithfully,"

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all, Newlyn have finally responded to my 2nd letter. I have attachedthe letter.

In their 1st letter they charged x2 for enforcement fees £105 & £120,one of which I think is for a tow truck. Well no tow truck came to my home.They also charged a £90 cancel tow truck fee. At no point on the day theycharged these fees, did I say I was not going to pay. I was in communicationwith the bailiff from within an hr of his having clamped my car. The issue was,where I was going to find the hundreds of pounds the bailiff was demanding for.So I’d want to dispute those fees.

Also Newlyn in their 2nd letter, have now asserted that 5 different bailiffs came to my home. This is simply not true because there is always someone in thehome & they never left any letter or note indicating that they had attendedmy home. It looks like, after I demanded twice for the names of the attendingbailiffs, Newlyn have just picked out five names and listed them as attendingbailiffs. I would therefore also want to dispute those visit fees & thatthe associated VAT payment be refunded.

Could someone please provide me with advice as to whether I can dispute thementioned figures & if so how I go about doing so. Thanks

Sadly, this is a "normal" response from Newlyn.

Any comaplint really ought to be sent to the LOCAL AUTHORITY and COPUIED to the bailiff company.

What you really MUST ask for is a copy of the electronic screen shot of your account.

Sadly, this is a "normal" response from Newlyn.

Any comaplint really ought to be sent to the LOCAL AUTHORITY and COPUIED to the bailiff company.

What you really MUST ask for is a copy of the electronic screen shot of your account.

I was advised earlier in the thread to writie to the bailiff themself & copy he council. Do i ask for a screen shot from the bailiff?

• 3 months later...

Good to see some traction has been made here. I have had a HORRIBLE day due to these people. I will as for a breakdown in charges and report back, all support/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Good to see some traction has been made here. I have had a HORRIBLE day due to these people. I will as for a breakdown in charges and report back, all support/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

please start your own thread

see the video below

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What you need to ask for is a copy of the electronic SCREEN SHOT of the account. This will provide EXACT details of dates, times, visits, telephone calls, comments form Newlyn and most importantly.....details of the name of the bailiffs that may have attended on the relevant dates.

If Newlyn refuse to provide this information then you need to advice the local authority that you will be making a FORMAL COMPLAINT and that if it is not resolved that you will be asking the Ombudsman to investigate.